Proraso Green Aftershave Lotion

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bscarpenter, Sep 1, 2016.

1. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Margaritas in the Arctic soap and aftershave just east of you in Freehold. Right off of Rt.33. :Animatedfrozensmily:

RetLEO-07 likes this.
  2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Used the Green this morning after a shave with Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise".
    Set up my day!

Puma likes this.
  3. LevelupShaves

LevelupShaves Well-Known Member

I love both the green and red Proraso Aftershaves. I like the green on a hot day or when I shave at night because it's scent fades fast I like the red in the morning because it has soothing oils in it and smells for a few hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demidog likes this.
  4. RetLEO-07

If you're talking about NY Shaving, I went there after work one day. Website said they close at 1700. Got there at 1630. Closed tighter than a drum. Sent an email complaining about that. No answer back. Took my trade elsewhere.

5. RetLEO-07

Used the Green again for Menthol Monday. Nice and cooool.

6. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I did not know about any NY Shaving and I'm not sure what made you think I was referring to a store. If you like AOS there is one of those near me in the Freehold Raceway Mall.

7. RetLEO-07

NY Shaving Co. has a production and store facility in Freehold. They are an artisan soap company.

Puma likes this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

SOTD Eclipse.gif
    Started & finished my Eclipse shave with The Green. I like the scent but wish it lasted longer.

JazzDoc, Demidog and RetLEO-07 like this.
  9. RetLEO-07

Yup, wish it lasted longer myself.

RyX likes this.
  10. RyX

RyX DoH!

Maybe a cologne aficionado will give us a clue to something similar?

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

11. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

I did not know that. I've been living here for over ten and working in the area for well over twenty. I grew up farther east in Eatontown. Thanks.

12. RetLEO-07

De nada

13. JazzDoc

JazzDoc Well-Known Member

Proraso GREEN pre-shave, shave cream, shave soap and after shave splash lotion are all wonderful and time-tested and revered products - menthol/eucalyptus and very cooling.
    Proraso RED pre-shave, cream, soap and after shave splash are more woodsy - sandalwood and shea butter, and just as soothing and delightful but less of a smack across the face compared to the green.
    Proraso BLUE cream and after shave balm are out of this world, and are my very favorite Proraso scents by far (aloe vera and vitamin E). I wish they'd do a soap, a pre-shave cream and a splash! I've written to them begging... :angry017:
    The Proraso WHITE is calming and soothing and designed for those with sensitive skin (green tea and oatmeal). I sometimes use the soap and the balm and they're nice. haven't tried the pre-shave cream yet.

I see that Proraso has just released three completely new after shave splash scents as well. I tried one and thought it was pleasant but nothing to write home about.

Just my 2¢...

Demidog and RyX like this.
  14. RyX

RyX DoH!

I picked up a bottle of the Blu balm. Great scent that reminds me of muscadine grapes picked fresh from the vine. Does the shave cream smell the same as the balm?

JazzDoc and Demidog like this.
  15. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

I've tried two of the new colognes and I like them but the original lineup is still king. The green splash is out of this world, the red splash is excellent, and the scent of the blue cream is unbeatable. I also love the smell of the white cream. I wrote to Proraso asking for a blue splash and pre-shave as well but it's not happening. They struck gold with the four original scents and I only wish that they would've expanded the blue lineup while giving us colognes of all four.

JazzDoc likes this.
  16. JazzDoc

Just about the same! That scent just knocks me out. Wonderful.

I'd stated above that Proraso had introduced three new after shaves, but I meant to say balms. They're not in the 'striped' lineup. The one I tried was pleasant but not up to their original lineup, as you found out.

RyX likes this.
  17. RetLEO-07

After a nice shave with Catie's Bubbles "Sunrise", splashed on some Green and my day was off to an outstanding start!

Puma and JazzDoc like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

Will be using Proraso Green Lozione Dopobarba tomorrow morning.

19. RetLEO-07

Proraso Green Lozione Dopobarba for this morning's Menthol Monday shave...
    IMG_1438.JPG

20. JazzDoc

But what's the difference how long the scent lasts? We neutralize it immediately post shave with witch hazel, after shave splash and balm, no? I figure it's only the last thing that hits your face that'll matter.

By the way - what's that tube of Bigelow shave cream like? I see it's made by Proraso.

RyX and RetLEO-07 like this.