What are you waiting on to arrive...?

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by Darkbulb, Feb 17, 2014.

1. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Good luck with that being the end. :happy102: It looks like your missing a GEM razor or two and where is the injectable razor. Oh I forgot about the straights.

2. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

"...the end." Yeah, suuuure.

Linuxguile and jimjo1031 like this.
  3. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

The end for razors, might get some more soaps that I don't need. I started shaving in 1958 with Gillette razors. Then went over to carts. 7 months ago started with de razors again and got hooked. I enjoy using all my stuff. The razors you mentioned I have no desire to own.
    I hope to outlive my small collection.
    I really enjoy following you guys on these forums, keeps me busy.

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

AGHisBBS, Linuxguile, mrchick and 5 others like this.
  4. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Just waiting for my Sampson's, and then I'll see if I'm done ordering anything for awhile. If anything I'll order blades, and that's it. Untill next year, then I might get a Shavemac or an H.L.Thater. I know, I said I may never try Silvertip, but why not ? That's all I've get left to try, imo.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  5. Sparrow

Sparrow Well-Known Member

Waiting on an order of Mike's. After so many years Mike's is still by far my favorite soap!

Peppermint & Rosemary
    Wild Honeysuckle
    Orange, Cedarwood, & Black pepper
    Lemongrass & Eucalyptus

6. Bob Palmer

Bob Palmer Member

Should be here my Monday...my 3rd autostrop...Thank you to Rick Deweese for telling me about these on your podcast ![​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  7. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

I'm waiting on January, being as I signed on for the no-buy-2017... Still, other than trying a new aftershave or two, there really isn't anything more I want!

8. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I like the shave they give and just recently discovered that after having a couple in a junk box for a year.

Jim99 and jimjo1031 like this.
  9. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I sure hope its not the end. I know where a few of those beauties came from! ;)

jimjo1031 likes this.
  10. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

This one is a bit of a mystery... the listing describes it as a "Vintage Star Brand Black Double Edge Razor Kit w/ 5 Gilette SS Blades,Carry Case". Certainly, it has a Star case:
    [​IMG]
    But it is clear from the next picture that something else is inside:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As best as I can tell from the seller's pictures, that is a four-piece English Flat Bottom Tech, one of those fun variants that we didn't get here in the US (although Gillette Canada did produce a version).
    Now for the bit of mystery... The closest equivalent that I can find on Achim's site is this one:
    [​IMG]
    which is not quite the same WRT the handle ridges.

It's funny, this is the second time in about a month that I've bought a "Star" razor which was really an English Gillette in a Star case.

This is also probably the most I've personally spent on a single razor. I ended up accepting a counteroffer from the seller and paid $21 shipped.

11. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

At $21 I think you got a great deal, John!

jimjo1031, RetLEO-07 and Jim99 like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

The 4 piece is a great razor! ;) I have one as well, though mine is a Canadian.

jimjo1031 and Jim99 like this.
  13. John Ruschmeyer

Is yours a flat bottom or the normal diamond?

14. John Ruschmeyer

Thanks! Now I just need to get a Bakelite Star razor one of these days since I will have two of the correct cases. :)

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I think its the triangle, but not sure. I can't find out till I finish move and unpack. :prrr:

16. John Ruschmeyer

BTW, its coming from ZIP Code 23024- Bumpass, VA. (You gotta love that name.)

AGHisBBS, RyX and jimjo1031 like this.
  17. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

I’m waiting on a Mamba!! It’ll be used but considering it’s sold out I’m ok with that and the deal I got on it.

FFD0CCC2-0E9B-408B-82DE-399DA2440DFC.jpeg

Jayaruh, AGHisBBS, jtspartan and 6 others like this.
  18. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

The PO managed to deliver my brush to an address that is the same as mine in the next town over(Princeton). Gonna have to go and raise some Cain tomorrow. I know the gentleman at the other address. He'll put it back in his mailbox with a note. This is not the first time this has happened.

AGHisBBS, jimjo1031, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  19. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Crazy. It's happened to me before with the next street over. I'm happy that it will all work out.

jimjo1031 and Jim99 like this.
  20. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have a bottle of Brain Booster supplement coming, let's see if it helps.