Maxim's 7 DRUGSTORE COLOGNES THAT ACTUALLY SMELL GOOD

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by jimjo1031, Oct 17, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I've 12+ bottles of the Shulton OS squirreled away. :signs136:

Ijustmissedthe50s, jtspartan and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

not a hoarder.jpg
    That stuff is precious, and an investment. If you don't use it surely you can recover the cost. It could be listed on the bay as haunted AS!

3. DaltonGang

You laugh, but the stuff has about doubled in price, since I started hoarding, I mean collecting, the Sulton OS, 3 years ago.

RyX likes this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

No, Sir! I'm not laughing. I have an easily replaced bottle of P&G, a current bottle of vintage, and a back up lighthouse decanter of vintage. Still looking for a bottle of vintage Lime at an affordable price.
    As to doubling in price - it's a dwindling supply so the price will continue to rise unless someone makes an acceptable identical knock-off.

5. DaltonGang

The lime is OK, but it's not "all that, and a bag of chips". Plus, the Fresh Lime is ridiculously expensive.

RyX likes this.
  6. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've made my peace with the lack of supply. Pinaud Citrus Musk & Lime Sec are keeping me happy.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

7. pisces_0

pisces_0 Well-Known Member

Aqua Velva is my daily-driver, for when I don't feel like breaking out the big guns. Love the fresh, menthol smell and can't beat the price.

Looking to try some Williams Aqua Velva when I have to restock.

Paul Turner likes this.
  8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's a summer classic for me(and early fall, too).

Bird Lives likes this.
  9. DaltonGang

I didn't know Pinaud made the Lime scented aftershave. Since you like it, I decided to order some. I'll let you know how the Shultons Lime compares to the Pinaud and the Avon Lime.

10. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You live in the UK...Floris has some of the best smelling after shaves ever invented...Pricy but fit for a King and used by Princes...

Dansco likes this.
  11. Bird Lives

Recently I've been taking it and layering it with Clubman Bay Rum...a marriage made in heaven, with a dash of AV Musk if you want kisses...women are crazy for that stuff...

Ohh, and you can buy the Shulton Old Spice for INDIA (orig. recipe) from West Coast Shaving...

12. Paul Turner

for which one...the VIBR?

13. Bird Lives

I find...I can use any AS and if I add a dash of AV Musk, some woman will compliment me before the day is out...That stuff is magic...I like the OS & VIBR combo....the Musk is for my wife...

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Oh the AV Musk....yes, I do love that.

Bird Lives likes this.
  15. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

Ive never owned a floris. What should I look out for?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Bird Lives likes this.
  16. RyX

RyX DoH!

Unlike other Pinaud products, and common for citrus scents it doesn't last all day for me. I do enjoy both of their offerings. Which did you purchase, the Citrus Musk, Lime Sec, or both?
    While the Musk has a longer scent life, I like the almost Jolly Rancher candy scent of Sec. I don't know if these two needed it but I decanted to glass hot sauce bottles like all my Pinaud AS.

17. DaltonGang

I ordered the Citrus Musk. I to decant in hot sauce bottles. I ordered a dozen new 4-6 oz bottles, with caps and shaker stoppers. They work great.

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  18. Bird Lives

Floris no.89 is what Ian Fleming and Prince Charles wore/wear....My Dad recieved a bottle from a friend of Ian Fleming...if you like powdery...this stuff was amazing! I think Dad had the EdT but I hear the After Shave smells exactly the same only doesn't last as long but has skin tightening properties.

Ijustmissedthe50s and RyX like this.
  19. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

I have one aftershave - Pinaud Clubman.

20. Bird Lives

I love Clubman, my favorites are 1. Original 2. Classic Vanilla 3. Special Reserve 4. I tried a few drops of the Musk. I'm thinking I dig that aswell but will require a bottle to try...

I have seen people say, Special Reserve would be Indiana Jones AS...I whole heartedly concur...makes me feel like Indy just to sniff it!!!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017