Tabac

Discussion in 'Shaving Soap Reviews' started by Will, Mar 31, 2007.

1. Will

Will Nevermind

Great soap at the best price I can find (cheaper then MB :eek: ).

I am not 100% about the scent, I like it, it just dose not jump at me and say HELLO! like most if I had to compare it I would say it reminds me of old spice but way better.

But still GREAT SOAP AT AN EVEN GREATER PRICE! 15 bucks for the soap in a bowl 5 dollars for a refill :D :D

Edit: scent is growing on me, the more I use it the more I like it!

2. madmedic

madmedic Resistance Is Futile

I have both the bowl and stick This is one of the best soaps you can buy. The scent is quite strong...but I like it anyway! In the UK is is quite expensive and can be difficult to find. The soap comes in a ceramic bowl.....which until I got my Mitchell's wool fat Bowl.....was the best you could get!

Highly recommended

3. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

An incredible soap. Manly scent, great moisturizing abilities and very protective. It also comes in an attractive ceramic bowl - what more do you want?

4. jerry49red

jerry49red New Member

Even in hard water, TABAC soap easily produces a tight, dense, wet lather with a classic scent. This is the "gold standard" to compare all other soaps when you compare lather, scent and cost.

5. caveman3

caveman3 New Member

YES!

Tabac RULES!!! I have very hard water and I used creams almost exclusively in the past because I just could not get much lather out of soaps, nor would that lather last. Tabac soap has solved all those problems. Unlike most people, I honestly don't think the scent is very strong, though I do like it a lot.

Its lather allows me to get the closest and smoothest shaves of my life while offering enough protection that I almost never get so much as a nick or a weeper, and this includes shaving my entire head as well as my face.

I LOVE this stuff!

:happy023

6. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

ohhhhhh, goodness gracious, I have a Tabac stick in transit, and although I realize it's sort of deviating a bit off the topic, I can't wait to get a hold of it to try!

Jeff

7. rick

rick I'll make ya SCream!

What can be said that hasnt already been said ?
    Easy to lather.
    Creamy, rich and protective.
    Not super slippery but it cushions like a cream.
    This is a great product that belongs in your shavery.

8. DMS

DMS New Member

I wish the refills were easier to come by in the U.S.

Tabac lather is about as good as it gets and I've never had a bad shave with this stuff. It's only shortcoming in my opinion is that it doesn't moisturize quite as well as MB soaps.

9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I just used a Tabac stick that I received yesterday, and I'm really enthralled with it. A great clean, soapy scent, yet it has the inimitable Tabac fragrance. The lather is sumptious, and rich, and the post shave feeling is very pleasant! I definitely intend to buy it again! :D :D

Jeff

10. herzi

herzi Active Member

Why but why can't I shave more?

This is really a very good soap. All has been said about lathering and the behaviour of shaving. It's really outstanding.
    It lasts very long. It seems that there will never be an end to that one puck. And this to an very affordable price.
    I like the fragrance very much. I think I have to buy the EdT ;)

11. michaelskar

michaelskar New Member

Truly one of the greatest...a consistent performer that never upsets my face. Super slick, great scent. Just about perfect. I am in the "love the scent" camp. This soap lasts FOREVER, and I find it work best after letting a small pool of water sit on top for a few minutes before lathering.

12. Woknblues

Woknblues New Member

A "go to" soap for me

I have sensitive skin. This stuff gives me zero irritation and is so thick and protective, it boggles the mind. The texture is a notch above glycerine IMHO, and the stuff is cheap enough (lowest price I have seen for a refill now is $9) and lasts a long time. Scent is very interesting. I like it a whole lot, too..

13. Padron

Padron Active Member

I love this soap, will certainly buy more when needed....The scent is really addicting, I love the Tabac :D

14. data

data New Member

EXCELLENT Shave Soap!!!

No doubt this is an exceptional shave soap. The scent is just wonderful and makes shaving a joy. It lathers very nicely and it lasts through the shave. The lather is very rich and creamy. It does protect quite well your skin as you are shaving; though, I find it could have just a bit more oils to it to make it more moisturizing and smooth. A little expensive to buy, but having said that, it does seem to last a long, long time. It probably equals other shave soaps when all considered as far as cost and durability. The moment you pick up the item, you can tell your are dealing with a top-notch product. All in all, I am very pleased with this shave soap and will be using it for a long time.

15. daveyp

daveyp New Member

I have to say I was a little disappointed with this soap. I read all the rave reviews, so I got it. It took me a long time to get a decent lather out of it (which I think is partly my hard water's fault). Once I finally figured it out, though, I grew to like it. I now get a good slick lather that is very protective. And the scent has grown on me. I probably won't get it again since there are so many other things to try, but I might if I get nostalgiac for the scent. I doubt there is anything out there that smells the same.

Dave

16. jnich67

jnich67 Member

Simply Outstanding

Tabac is simply one of the best shave soaps I've ever used. Top 3 hands down. There is nothing more for me to say. :D

Jordan

17. IsaacRN

IsaacRN Active Member

Been pretty much said all before.

One thing I would like to point out that was my experience, give the scent a chance. If you think you hate that scent, just keep using it. It is truly unique and once you get familiar with it, your gonna love it. YMMV and all that jazz.

18. styleguy

styleguy New Member

Tabac Shaving Soap

Last weekend, I tried for the first time my hand at making lather with a shaving soap; I used the Tabac shaving soap. And used a Merkur HD w/Merkur blade.

It lathered rather nicely and somewhat quickly. I need to perfect my technique, because it was a little bit soupy but it worked just fine.

Life span of lather was ok, I needed to add a little more to my face at the beginning and towards the end but, it might have been my mixture or ratio, so not really disappointing.

It was moisturizing enough during shaving, but not so much when finished; same with lubrication.

As for protection, I did not get any nicks or cuts...YEAH! :D; but my razor did skip a little once or twice, however, I did not get cuts, nicks or weepies and I got a smooth shave to boot! :shocked003...hmmm, go figure? :confused:

I really enjoyed the scent, old timey and barbershop...liked it a lot! :happy108

The price is well within anyone's budget.

Yes!, I would buy again. :cool:

19. kagemusha

kagemusha New Member

What an excellent soap

Tabac shaving soap lathers wonderfully, is very protective and gives zero irritation. The scent is wonderful too.

20. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

If I could eat it, I would.

This may not be the best of the best soaps, but for me, it's tops. It does everything exceptionally well, it smells great and the cost is very reasonable. If there were only one soap in my rotation, I think this would be it.