Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Who made the straight billiard, far right?

2. RyX

RyX DoH!

I spotted this Weber in a thrift store. May go back for it. I like the lines of the shank, the bent stem. The wood shows interesting burl.
    Anyone own a Weber, opinions? [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

AGHisBBS, BamaT and Erik Redd like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

If it's cheap, yes, go get it. Looks like a good chunk of Briar, regardless of brand.

AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

I do like the feel of a Vulcanite stem. Not too chewed up on the bit, and I use those rubber plastic thingies. The tenon fit nice and tight. This ones made for 9mm filters. I'll have to revisit the shop and see if the lady at the counter found a price for the stand as well. Same place I found my Peterson's System Army Mount.

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

No, I don't have any Weber pipes. If there aren't any large putty fills (small ones are okay), and the draft hole is pretty much on the bottom, and it's not expensive, go for it. I agree with Chris, the briar looks thick, which is a good thing generally speaking. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of a full bent, but they are easy to clench and hold in your mouth.

6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1501.JPG
    Pleasantly cool, windy November day in Alabama. Sitting on the deck with a nice cup of Peruvian whole bean Arabica coffee, and McClellan Blackwoods Flake in the Skip Elliot custom, Gunner (our yellow Lab) sitting calmly beside me. Ah......

7. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

EMP in a Savinelli deLuxe Milano 504
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Bama Samurai, RyX and 2 others like this.
  8. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Beautiful Bulldog!

dbersh likes this.
  9. Hank

Hank Active Member

Which picture?

Hank

10. Bama Samurai

A certain pipe collection! Welcome to POTD!

11. Hank

Hank Active Member

As requested by @Bama Samurai lol here is my meager pipe collection [​IMG]

Hank

RyX, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 3 others like this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

[​IMG]

A bright Sunday afternoon, taking a break from the Texans game, which wasn't too interesting the first half

RyX, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bama Samurai

Excellent, thanks for posting it!

RyX likes this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I'm glad that acrylic pipe holder wasn't a snake, I've just noticed it, LOL. That vulcanite stem is cleaned nicely and polished, or is it new? I haven't smoked either of my bulldogs in a while, this is inspiring me to get them back in the rotation.

RyX, dbersh and Erik Redd like this.
  15. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

That would be a Peterson Shamrock, a Peterson second. This pipe has great grain but a few small putty fills on the bottom. I bought this pipe about 20 years ago from a now closed pipe shop. To reduce tooth chatter, the stem had been over buffed, making it eggshell thin, witch broke through immediately. I had the shop where I bought it make a new P Lip stem, but it never flowed air very well. Now it's on it's third stem, I smoked it, it seems like a new pipe.

RyX, Erik Redd and Bama Samurai like this.
  16. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

It is original and was refurbished expertly when I bought it, in fact it was so lightly smoked, raw Briar was visible in the bowl 1/4 from top. I do try to keep them clean, wipe them down with microcloth after every smoke and a little spit shine one a month or so when I trim cake back. The pipe holder was included in my Baki Author Meer and works great for photos IMO.

AGHisBBS, BamaT, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  17. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Last Smoke of day (have to get up early to start turkey). EMP in a Savinelli Sun Set 315 KS stamped hand made on stummel.
    [​IMG]

18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

I need to be more vigilant about wiping mine down, I've gotten a little lazy the last couple,of years.

19. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Been up a while getting the feast for dinner started
    2 bowls of OJK/CM mix in a 2017 Amorelli “Kentucky” Billiard
    [​IMG]

RyX, AGHisBBS, BamaT and 1 other person like this.
  20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

IMG_1509.JPG
    @dbersh inspired me to get out my bulldogs. This one is a Tinder Box counter pipe , markings on the pipe on one side is just the number 73, the other side says "London." I'm guessing it is a Dunhill second; it has 2 small putty fills that don't affect the smoke. It was a bargain for about $17 back in the early 80's.

Smoking a bowl of Blackwoods Flake after getting the turkey breasts on the grill.

RyX, AGHisBBS, dbersh and 1 other person like this.