SoS: November 20, 2017 - November 26, 2017

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Yehuda D, Nov 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Great setup and picture Steve.

clint64, Yehuda D and Smooth Steve like this.
  2. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug. Have a nice Thanksgiving buddy.
    Steve

clint64, Yehuda D and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

You also Steve.

Smooth Steve, clint64 and Yehuda D like this.
  4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, November 22
    [​IMG]

Mystic Water Lilac~~Pure Badger (X-tra Floppy)~~194- Gillette Parat~~Gillette Super Stainless "The Spoiler" (1)
    Barbers Choice Lilac AS
    Have a great day!

5. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Great picture, Joseph!

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Date: 23 November 2017 "SOTD"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
    Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
    Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 6x
    Bowl: - Captain's Choice
    Razor: - Fatip Grande Open Comb
    Blade: - Gillette Nacet #3
    Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap
    Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I put my only American to use today as it hadn’t seen a shave in some time. This Korn was a rescue job that @gssixgun brought back from the near dead - a very nice shave. You can see the Romera Manchurian returned for a third consecutive appearance Fantastic brush. :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender.PSO
    Mike’s Natural Soaps Hungarian Lavender
    Romera Wengue Chubby Manchurian
    Geo W. Korn 7004 5/8
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

Geo W. Korn 7004 5-8 AOS MNSHL RM TH.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

8. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Barrister and Mann - Citricuyá
    BSB-Ti | HMW Extra Dense
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

I was a little disappointed about having missed out on the South Florida Wet Shavers' Barrister and Mann Citricuyá. I mean, look at that label! When I reached out to Brian Myers, he did what he does best and sniffed out an unused set for me. I'm quite grateful to both Brian's legwork and to SFWS for letting me purchase it despite my only recently having joined the group.

Citricuyá utilizes Barrister and Mann's Glissant base that I have reviewed at length, so I will stipulate that this is one of the elite performers in the artisan realm. As should be expected from B&M, Citricuyá is more than just a pretty face. It opens with a bold and interesting blood orange and passion fruit. I immediately began comparing it to Soapmakers of Awesometown, but that's because it's the only other soap in my den featuring passion fruit. In reality, that's probably the only similarity. The blood orange and passion fruit seem to teeter until a subtle spiciness infiltrates the accord about midway through the shave. It also takes on a floral note but never abandons the citrus for the entire two and half passes. The paired B&M splash matches very well, but it does have more depth particularly with respect to the dry down. The citrus burns off first, and then the passion fruit and floral note. There is a brief period in which I could swear I'm detecting neroli, but I do not see that mentioned in the scent notes. The dry down reveals an unexpected thick greenness becoming sharper as it fades about 3 hours later.

While Citricuyá is one of the least complex Barrister and Mann fragrances I've experienced, it's undoubtedly intentional and still has more depth than many of my other citrus products. In terms of longevity, I place it somewhere between Adagio and Rhapsody. This a very pleasant fragrance. If this is what South Florida smells like, I need to visit.

[​IMG]

9. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

11/22/2017 - Jamie' SOTN
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Yeah. I love this set. Thanks. :)

Douglas Carey, clint64 and jtspartan like this.
  11. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

That's obviously not real shave soap lather. Where's the container of Cool Whip hiding?

Yehuda D, clint64, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod171123.JPG
    Thanksgiving Shave
    zcws.gif

Proraso Pre Shave
    Stirling Soap Co. Pharaoh's Dreamsicle
    Jayaruh #18
    Rockwell 6C
    Gillette Silver Blue
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Pharaoh's Dreamsicle Shaving Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #18 silvertip badger brush. I did two passes with the Rockwell 6C Razor with the #4 plate and a Gillette Silver Blue blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Pharaoh's Dreamsicle AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

NOVember!!!

November 22 - Pot luck shaves with a light Stirling focus

Razor - 1947 Gillette Super Speed
    Blade - [​IMG] (3)
    Soap - Stirling Mountain Man
    Brush - Jayaruh #46
    Post - Alum

On to the Mountain Man soap from Stirling and this one was a surprise. Just smelling the sample puck, and having my wife do the same, my impression was "eh, ok". She found it a bit strong and I found it a bit different from my taste and expectation. It's based on the scent of Creed Silver Mountain Water cologne. I was thinking maybe a bit more of a "mountain/forest" scent. But the puck seemed a bit out of my wheelhouse and expectations so, what the heck, a shave with it and then I'll put it on the "no-tub" list. Then.........I lathered it.

Wow. I know that scent from the lather. It's.......it's........a cologne I used to buy about ten years ago. And it's name is..............um.............yeah, well anyway. It's a dead ringer for that scent and I love that scent. It was something aqua, water, something something......on the tip of my tongue.

Anyway, I finished three passes. I was only going to do two since I'm off tomorrow but I just had to get that lather all over my face again. I'm absolutely captivated by the scent of this one in the lather. Got my third BBS in a row with this setup (have I mentioned that the '47 Super Speed is amazing) and hit Google. Did a bit of creative searching (I know the cologne was baby blue in color) and NAUTICA!!!!! That's the scent! Had my wife check out the lather scent and she still thinks it's a bit strong for her (don't tell her I'm going to buy some Nautica now) but she's a trooper. Said if I like it that much get a tub. This one goes to the top of the "get a tub" list.

As for the rest of the setup, again the '47 Super Speed set a standard that lasted nearly 40 years. And the Treet Platinum blade is a great value and performer that too often gets overlooked. And, of course, the Jayaruh brush tonight was its usual version of perfection, just like its cousin was last night. Gotta love shaves like these past three. I almost feel like I cheated and started DECember early!

[​IMG]

14. Skinny Rogers

Skinny Rogers Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanksgiving Shave

Weber SS
    Perma-Sharp Super (7)
    Simpson Chubby 2 Super
    Castle Forbes Lavender shaving cream
    Thayers Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Fine Platinum aftershave

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

SOTD_112317.jpg

16. jbo667

jbo667 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Didn't end up superlathering the Cremo with my Williams since I got a great LASTING lather.... But I got overzealous ATG on pass 3 and really felt it a LITTLE with the Lemon Thayers and a LOT with the Skin Brace! So I followed up with Nivea Cooling ASB. GREAT BBS shave though, just a little warm afterglow and one tiny neck nick.

Happy Thanksgiving all! Enjoy family, friends and food tomorrow and thank the Lord on high for all he's done for us all!

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Happy Thanksgiving

November 23, 2017
    Above The Tie Calypso R1
    Feather (2)
    Rubberset 400 #3 with WSP HMW
    Nuàvia Blu

[​IMG]

18. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

SOTD 20171123.

[​IMG]

J&T® wengé / Maggard synth.
    TFS Anniversary.
    PAL Injectomatic.
    Schick Proline B-20 (1).
    PeReJa Lavender EdC.

Almost no difference between this razor and the Schick type I1 - L1 - O.

19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A very good el cheapo BBS shave with that Egyptian-made Lord Emofresh cream. Would you believe the grocery store I bought it at has it on sale for 70 cents? Anyway, a small dab on my chin gave me tons of great lather with a little menthol cooling and a good post-shave feeling. The Amici aftershave smells awesome and it's also fairly cooling.

Hope youz guys have a good one!

20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

IMG_20171123_074901_processed.jpg
    Happy Thanksgiving
    This set almost seems old school with all the new products and formulae coming out at what seems like a fast pace. Lavanille is my all-time favorite scent.
    Prep: Chatillon Lux Butter
    Soap: B&M Lavanille
    Brush: Brothers Bristles Silver Surfer
    Razor: Rockwell 6sR6
    Blade: voskhod
    AS: B&M Lavanille

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.