What was your workout today?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by ram57, Aug 17, 2015.

1. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Kneeling Landmine Press
    Overhead Plate Lifts
    Cable Flies
    Pull Overs
    Cable Wood Choppers
    Captain Chair Leg Lits

Today was nice. After the gym, I took the bicycle produce shopping. Rode home with about 35 pounds of produce on my back.:) I should get a rack or a basket.

2. Christopher Powell

Christopher Powell Well-Known Member

LEGenDArY

Barbell Squats: 245/8 and 255/8
    DB Walking Lunges: 25/20 and 25/20
    Seated Hamstring Curls: 110/15 and 110/12
    1 Leg Standing Calf Raises: 35/15 and 35/15

Nothing like starting off my favorite holiday with an amazing leg workout. No post workout shake today because there will be an ample amount of calories consumed in a little while. You cannot spell legendary without Leg Day !!!

Douglas Carey likes this.
  3. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

4. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

+1. :)

6. bscarpenter

bscarpenter Well-Known Member

82deg & windy. Actually, it was a “tough 50”.

PanChango and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It’s really cold & windy, so I am counting going outside & covering the plants. In addition, I did 20 reps with a bow trainer. This is a bow-like gadget with a resistance tube, that can be drawn & released, like a bow, but without an arrow on it.
    Here’s a link, in case you are curious;
    https://accubow.com/standard-model-bow.html

8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hello, i hope this spenat come off the wrong way. But Why use this gadget instead of shooting your bow with an arrow?

What's the upside?

9. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That’s a valid question. I have a small home with no basement. So there is no place in my home where I can safely shoot off an arrow without risk of breaking something expensive. Shooting an actual bow without an arrow (called “dry firing”) is very dangerous, as they are not designed for it.

Douglas Carey and BamaT like this.
  10. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I've been hitting the gym 3 or 4 days every week with high intensity circuit training. Yesterday was arms, chest and shoulders (with a little core thrown in to keep us honest!) Medicine ball situps, cable curls, tricep extension, bench, burpees, dumbbell push press to fly, mountain climbers, straight bar curls, dumbbell front to sides, reverse flies, shoulder torture and shrugs. 30 seconds each exercise, 10 second switch - 5 rotations. My shoulders are noodles today.

11. Troy M

Last night had a heavy leg and core workout. Weighted incline situps, weighted box squats, leg extension, leg press, burpees, jump rope, push jacks, weighted skaters, weighted box sit to jump, toe taps, weighted lunges, weighted box step ups, overhead press squats, scissor run, cone extensions. 30 seconds each, 10 second transition, 5 sets.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

SO far I have done 10 minutes on the stationary bike. My long-terms goal is 30 minute 4-5 times a week. Once I get to where that starts to feel too easy, I will up the resistance.

Later I will break out the archery trainers. I have a meet tomorrow.

MR41 likes this.
  13. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

14. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

I tried to do some knee pushups today. It was too soon—hernia surgery.

15. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

You’re a competitive archer? How awesome. Do you shoot a recurve?

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

No, I shoot a compound bow. I am going to a tournament (NJ State Indoor Championships) today.

17. Christopher Powell

BACK & BICEPS

Weighted Vbar Pull-Ups: 45/6 and 45/4
    Weighted Vbar Pull-Ups: 35/5
    Low Row (overhand): 200/10 and 200/10
    Weighted Chin Ups: 25/7 and 25/5
    Body Weight Pull Ups: 2 sets to failure

9 killer sets today. I decided to get rid of bicep curls. I don't enjoy that exercise and I don't think they are very efficient. I see tons of people sway back and forth as they attempt to curl weight that they shouldn't be trying to curl. These people should focus on chin ups. Not only will chin ups place a major load on your biceps, they also aid in a thick and wide back. Remember, Mr. Olympia is won from the back !!!

18. Christopher Powell

CHEST & TRICEPS

Weighted Dips: 80/6 and 80/4
    Weighted Dips: 50/10 and 50/8
    Machine Dips: 230/8 and 210/11
    Pectoral Fly: 190/10 and 190/8

8 killer sets today. Just like with biceps, I decided to get rid of direct triceps exercises. I don't enjoy direct triceps exercises and I don't think they are required to pack on muscle. If my triceps don't grow from all the dips I do, they sure won't grow from a few sets of cable press downs.

19. Christopher Powell

ABS & Cardio

Ab Wheel: 20/15/12/12
    Jump Rope: 4 sets of 30 seconds with 60 seconds rest between

I'll put the ab wheel up against any ab movement in the world. In fact I think its the best. And no more cardio on machine. Talk about being bored. From now on its biking, jumping rope and burpees !!!

20. Troy M

decline punch ups, tricep extension, cable curls, barbell curls, incline press, burpees, dumbell press, push press, reverse curls, curls, pushups, battle rope, hammer curls, dumbell front to side raise - 30 seconds on each, 10 second transitions, 5 sets.