Shave everyday?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by James_P, Dec 10, 2017.

1. hamoncan

hamoncan Member

Have always been an every other day guy - it's what my face likes and gives me an "easy" morning timewise every other day.

Plus it's just more satisfying shaving off the extra days growth.

Nice things about shaving with a DE is I still like respectable the skip day. Helps too that a bit of stubble is fashionable now.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

James_P likes this.
  2. GatorJoe

GatorJoe Well-Known Member

I used to be a 6 day a week shaver, now I’m a 4-5 day a week shaver. Work and church do not mind a little stubble every now and then.

James_P likes this.
  3. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

I enjoy my 20 minute routine every day; the washing, wetting and warming of my face, the feel of a well made brush in my fingers, the sensual feel of the lather swirled on my face, the solid weight of an old razor, and the deep sense of gravitas that the thousands of shaves the antique razor I choose that day has made in its existence, not to mention the moment I finish my last pass and my face feels clean and smooth is a daily treat to myself. Sometimes I wish I could shave more than once a day.

James_P and Rick01 like this.
  4. major_works

major_works Member

There was a time when I did shave every day. That was also a time when men wore shirts and ties and jackets to work every day, without fail.

In these more casual (sloppy?) times, I'm more apt to go 2-3 days between shaves. I've also been known to go 2-3 months between shaves.

James_P likes this.
  5. Kenneth Sampson

Kenneth Sampson Well-Known Member

I did shave everyday in the evening, but usually I'm the last to have the shower so it's getting late by time I'm in the shower. Now I might shave twice a week. Usually when my neck starts itching, then I'll go at it. I don't have to be clean shaven at work, and I have a beard, so normally it's about keeping it shaped.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

James_P likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband usually shaves every day. Sometimes he will skip it on a day off. But by the next day, both the look and feel drive him crazy. Also, he gets fewer kisses when he skips a shave.

capsfanx and James_P like this.
  7. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I shave every day. The only exception is when I have really messed up with a straight and need a day of rest. Fortunately, this is a blue moon occurance.

James_P likes this.
  8. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

I think I’m going to retire my straight razor for that reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markjnewcomb likes this.
  9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I can, I do like shaving every other day though.

10. J Philip

J Philip New Member

Excellent advice. I shave almost daily, with a few days off but if I’m working, I shave. And I don’t lose sleep if I don’t achieve nirvana each time.
    The only times I’ve gotten razor burn have been those times when I went for perfection instead of being ok with very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Amen! I shave WTG in one deliberate pass and then lather my neck and jaw area for a second pass. I don't do two full passes every day. That formula works quite well for me.

As our resident sage @swarden43 says: It's your shave, enjoy it your way.

swarden43 and J Philip like this.