What was the worst shave of your life (done by you or someone else)?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by GoldenHandTheJust, Jan 5, 2018.

1. On Wednesday, I posted this.

http://theshaveden.com/forums/threa...-some-time-shakes-head-disappointingly.58439/

Normally, I shave every day. During my vacation (which is now) is shave every 2-3 days depending on when the hair begins to prick and become scratchy. Today was the day, and I still couldn't hold my handle (my left hand is practically useless to hold things like spoons and razors) so I decided to go to a barbershop where I usually go.

Turns out, there was a new guy there and he was assigned to me. Okay, I thought, let's see how he does.

The lathering of the cream was excellent. A nice, slick lather. The technique with the razor however, :angry019:.

The shave on my sideburns was average at best. He proceeded to my neck, and now it began. Directly against the grain with a lot of pressure. I didn't get cut, but the irritation and the redness I have now are horrible to say the least.

So what was your worst shave?

jtspartan, Marine68 and Spyder like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That sucks. A barber shave can be such agood thing. What kind of razor. Any barber that has shaved me had cut my hair several times and we had talked about shaving. He also did several neck shaves before he got a shot at my face.
    Worst I can remember was my first couple of strsight razor shaves. Before these forums and all the information. I know know the blade was not shave ready and I had no idea on angle.

Keithmax and Spyder like this.
  3. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Sophomore year in high school. Caught having a mustache, didn't know it wasn't allowed, a Catholic high school. Had to take it off with a Super Speed and Gillette blade. Fast forward to senior year. Got caught with too much beard from not shaving during the weekend. They gave me the same razor, and felt like the same blade. Yeah, that was the worst..........

Spyder, AGHisBBS and wchnu like this.
  4. He was using a shavette (like almost all Indian barbers) and some cheap blade. Though I got one of the best shaves of my life with that same razor and blade, just a different person.

5. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Just say no next time....let someone else go first. Lol

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My worst experience shaving? It’s a tie for when I forgot to fully close the doors on my super speed (bloody mess) and the 4th time using a straight razor and I sliced my chin for about 3 inches.

Ouch!

:scared007:

Keithmax, Enrico and Spyder like this.
  7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

The worst for me was in basic training. I got caught in morning formation unshaven. I was handed a tracII and told to shave in front of the whole platoon. No cream, no water, just irritation! Ans I'm talking MAJOR irritation. Sometimes us hard headed Dutchmen need a little more incentive than the general population :D

8. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

First go with a Feather kamisori style. First time I set it to my face I landed hard and cut myself pretty thoroughly. Put it down for a while. I can use it easily now, but that first one bit me good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

9. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I went to a barber who claimed to be old school. I got in the chair he did all the prep old school and pulled out a cartridge razor and blade. I asked what he was going to do with that thing he says shave you. Not me pal! He says he don't know how to use a SR and didn't know what a DE is. I walked to the sink washed my face and left .......

RyX, Keithmax, Spyder and 1 other person like this.
  10. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Both times I used Vokshod, both were like using 60 grit.

Spyder likes this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Early September, 1980, Lackland AFB, Texas, Basic Training, 3rd shave of the day. Yes, 3rd.

I shaved that morning, as usual. We were told our final inspection in full dress blues would right after lunch. Not wanting to fail inspection and get set back two weeks, shave number two was right after chow. Coming down for the inspection we were told the inspection was postponed until 1600. During the few minutes we had right before the inspection, shave number three. I passed inspection, but my neck wasn't the same for a week.

Disposable Bics, if memory serves.

wristwatchb, RyX, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  12. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Wow, I did the same thing with a SS, but were you as dumb as I and used after shave? :scared011::angry019: :happy097:

My other worse shave was in basic with a BIC ... I looked like I used a potato peeler. :ashamed001:

Keithmax, Spyder and Jim99 like this.
  13. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Every shave I used a Cartridge Razor was the worst shave ever.

14. Hoss304

Hoss304 Well-Known Member

Mine was not long ago. I had a pack of Lord blades. I put one in my Tech and proceeded to shave as usual. I have shaved with Feather , Astra , several brands before. I'm not sure what went wrong. I finished up. Had a few weepers . Within 6hrs of the shave my whole neck was broke out in a horrible rash. I have sensitive skin but I had never had a burn like that. Only thing I could guess was it was too sharp. Strange because a Feather doesn't irritate me nearly that bad.

Spyder and Enrico like this.
  15. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

OCtober 31, 2014

I attempted a shave with a Cadet OC. It was too aggressive for my non-existent razor skills.

Go to the Thirty day focus thread in Shave School, introduce yourself. Tell them Samurai sent you.

You'll be an expert in two months.