Swedish guy here..

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by Der Koenig, Jan 8, 2018.

1. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

You have plenty of good gear. My neck is my problem area as well. You are definitely not alone there. Skin stretching has helped some. Not chasing the "baby butt smooth" result has also helped. I found that I can get a visually acceptable shave and that exactly zero people have complained that I wasn't perfectly baby butt smooth from all directions. Less irritation and less stress have resulted in much more enjoyable shaves.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Welcome to TSD.

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den. A great place to hang out!

5. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

6. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Glad to be here. Thanks den-men and ladies.

7. GarnerPW

GarnerPW Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den.
    :signs046:
    Välkommen till Dan.
    :signs046:

Der Koenig likes this.
  8. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Thanks for all advice. I report for a while in the Rockwell thread in anybody is curious.

9. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

:signs046: to TSD @Der Koenig

I hope you enjoy it here. As @sdguerro said your equipment is very nice, blades and soap are all well regaurded, so my advice would be to simply keep up what your doing. Don't chase the baby(BBS) an irritation free DFS is a really nice thing, especially as you've only been doing "traditional" shaving for a couple of months. Time, practice, patience along with good technique will get you the shave you desire.:)

Der Koenig likes this.
  10. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

Welcome and it’s a pleasure to meet you.

I also have had an issue on one spot of my neck but no more.

Here is my setup

Vintage Gillette fatboy razor, Astra platinum blades. Proraso preshave and shave cream or creamo shave cream. Alumblock and a witch hazel based aftershave. I used this setup for a while and I no longer have issues with my neck. Try not to shave against the grain for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Der Koenig likes this.
  11. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Almost spooky. Have to watch over my shoulder.. Only major difference is the preshave. Cool, thanks a lot for sharing. Its now getting better every day.

James_P likes this.
  12. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

Hahahhaa, have you tried a cold water shave? Give it a go if you haven’t. I don’t use hot water anymore and that also helps with my skin issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

14. Robinw

Robinw Member

Hi and weclone from another Swede also struggling with a 34c. I definitively like my vintage gilette better...

Der Koenig likes this.
  15. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

Ahh cool! Not that you are struggeling but to hear Im not the sole shaver among vikings and polarbears. I use my Rockwell exclusevely for now. Going from #3 to #4 and even changing during shave. Right now I only go wtg and work on my technique. Hörs.

16. Der Koenig

Der Koenig Member

And whats the name of the Gillette?