Oksson brass DE razor from Spain

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Dver42, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

I have been talking to a CEO from a company called Oksson. They are creating a brass razor and planning to make a kickstarter campaign. They have noted that it will be an ALL brass razor and will be produced in Spain.

When they have more information and pictures they are going to send them to me.

Hopefully there will be a new all brass razor on the market in the near future!

If anyone wants to sign up to get email notifications for the progress of the Oksson razor, follow the link below:

https://oksson.typeform.com/to/KyBPT7

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Is there a need for more razors on the market?

3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

No need, but many want. If it's junk, it will fail. I, personally, don't need another DE razor, but I do like seeing people's new creations.

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Probably not a real need, but there are plenty of folks out there who will be jumping on anything new. I will certainly look, but I doubt I would be in the market for a "new" razor.

5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Excellent. Keep in touch.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

6. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Same boat here Scott. I'll have to have a look though.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

7. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Razors are like Pokemon, gotta catch em all!

8. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

:happy097: Why am I laughing! :rolleyes:

178-bplatoon and Flyingbald like this.
  9. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Lol. I am just bah humbug. They are nothing new just remakes of the vintage stuff.

10. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Of course not, but then we also only need one kind of car, one pair of shoes and we all live in the same kind of house.

Herm

Flyingbald, RyX and Douglas Carey like this.
  11. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Those things are all different. The head of a razor really isn't.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  12. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I believe that some of the more precise measurements and tighter tolerances have made for some good new razors. Timeless, Blackland, Above the Tie just to name a few.

Flyingbald and Dver42 like this.
  13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I agree that the market for modern razor is pretty much reaching a saturation point. I am not in the market but I am sure that many will be.

Actually they are more different than you would think. The manufacturing tolerance are much tighter. I have found that this holds and supports the blade better than vintage 3 piece razors giving me better shaves. This comparison is even more valid when you talk about vintage TTO razors.

Flyingbald and Douglas Carey like this.
  14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

That's amusing. I very seriously doubt the new stuff can in anyway out perform vintage. Ok. I am done being the cranky old guy in this thread. Moving on.

15. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

"Pokemon Hunters" vs a "New DE Razor". I think newly created DE razors make more sense to me.

Dver42 and Douglas Carey like this.
  16. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

The nice thing about it is whatever works best for you! :happy088: :happy088:

17. Dver42

Dver42 Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a "need" for a new razor on the market. Given the amount of modern razors on the market for people to choose from BUT people like variety, they like new, and a lot of people like to have a collection of razors that suits them.

How many people do you know have ONLY one razor? I don't know any.

I know I don't really plan (ya right) on having more than 20 razors total in my collection. If there is something that I'm interested in I will buy it. If i don't like it then it will be sold. I favour the vintage razors over modern but I do have 3 modern razors in my collection, and there are 2 more on my wish list.

If this Oksson razor sparks my interest, it will find its way into my collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Douglas Carey, Jayaruh and Flyingbald like this.
  18. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

It's not possible to have more blade support than an OLD or a New SC.

19. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

They may try to copy vintage but they can't beat it, can't beat the price either.

wchnu and Douglas Carey like this.
  20. Flyingbald

Flyingbald Member

I’ll be interested to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk