Opened a bottle of AV

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by ChemErik, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

This is just fun and games...
    I can think of worse things than AV

2. apswartz

apswartz New Member

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Big Hitter

As the president, founder and the most hated member in forum I like to welcome the newest members to our AVCL. Remember is not the quantity but the quality and class of the members that counts. I encourage the newest members to use it for windshield wiper fluid, ant killer and lady repellent...oh yeah and for bug and tar remover.

Welcome to our newest brothers.

VIVA LA AVCL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raf

4. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

ATTN: AV detractors.

Give it up. We are stronger and outnumber you.

5. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Maybe. You also smell worse. :sick007

6. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Of course your wrong because I am being swarmed by bikini models as I type this, but I'm ROFLMAO from your comment.

7. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Why do I doubt that? If you were being swarmed by bikini models, you wouldn't be messing with TSD. Or are they guys wearing speedos? :D

8. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Wow, this thread was started at 11 am yesterday, and there have been 47 (now 48) posts in less than 24 hours.

Nothing gets the juices flowing here more than an Aqua Velva debate! :happy102

9. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

It's true. We get a lot of bikini models in Milwaukee. Next to beer, cheese and bratwurst, that's what we're known for.

They're even more attracted to me because not only do I wear AV, but I am also an insurance consultant. This is a deadly combination for attracting bikini models.

10. Gillette_Man

Gillette_Man New Member

Stop! You're killing me!

:happy097

11. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

So I was right...SPEEDOS! :happy102

12. apswartz

apswartz New Member

I'm.... I'm.... speechless!

(Well, actually, THAT will never happen)

13. Wishoot

Wishoot Member

Okay. It may not attract bikini models and I certainly don't wish to attract a male in a Speedo, but my wife and kids love it.

The bikini models are just attracted to the fact that I'm an insurance consultant. The AV is icing on the cake.

14. Truckman

Truckman New Member

Go figure, NIVEA FOR MEN AFTER SHAVE BALM, SENSITIVE blows those two out of the water with a 9 out of 10!! :happy102:rolleyes:

15. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Will you guys stop trashing Aqua Velva? Brut smells a lot worse than AV, yet is rarely discussed here...

16. Bussemand

Bussemand Well-Known Member

AHA! So you admit it smells bad? :happy102

17. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Umm, that's not exactly what I meant...I like the scent of AV. But there is something cloying about the, er, aroma of Brut.

18. Michael

Michael Duke of Kent

Brut, as with many older names, is no longer what it used to be. Old Spice and Canoe are others that come to mind. They smell nothing like they used to. But even "back then", it wasn't good.

As for "cloying", if you look up the word in the dictionary, the first definition shown is...disgusting or distasteful by reason of excess <see also, "Aqua Velva">. :D

19. I have to agree... I enjoy the more natural, woody and spicy smells. AV doesn't smell woody or spicy. It smells... period.

20. Tommy_C

Tommy_C New Member

All the constant snide remarks and semi-childishness of the (few) AVCL members reminded me, today, of some classic lines from Macbeth:

"...[The AVCL]'s but a walking shadow, a poor player
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
    And then is heard no more: it is a tale
    Told by...idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

:D :happy102

(Just kidding, guys. I just thought it was too funny not to post.)