Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

It is a great source for all Schick models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

clint64 and Eric Kassan like this.
  2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I got one a few weeks ago myself.
    The L with twins is a really nice shave.

Attached Files:

Bird Lives, twhite and Eric Kassan like this.
  3. Eric Kassan

Eric Kassan Member

That's awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on this configuration. I've been reading a lot lately about the injectors and various blades!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

PLAla, clint64 and twhite like this.
  4. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I prefer the older models. A good G1 with a personna blade is a great way to start. Andrew @Linuxguile has a shop that usually has some good blades.

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

WHEW!!!! That thing did clean up nice! Youre right, a good 1914 sings like a Pavarotti! Lol!! And the Colgate is great, I really dig it aswell....I remember my Pop had a can of Colgate Powdered Shave Soap one time...That stuff lathered up really good for him aswell. So while you are on the safari, grab the powder and the mug soap...}8^D

Thats a smokin photo of your kit there Tom....Looks like you are packing for those WWI French Trenches....at least you'll be getting great shaves while youre there!!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    twhite, clint64 and polishaver like this.
  6. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

I grew up using the L's.....but I hear ya Fuzzy....I love the E2 that opens and the G types, aswell as the F type...actually the I2 is sweet for a mild shaver, but those Pro-line B20 blades really open that one up nicely!

Ha, ha, I guess if the truth be known,....I've never met a Schick I didn't dig....especially with the right blades.

wchnu, Linuxguile, twhite and 2 others like this.
  7. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 29th Jan
    Omega 11126 boar
    Stirling Baker Street
    Alu Hawk + S/S Handle
    Feather Pro [ 4 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I find that the little Hawk has a lot more blade feel than some of the heavier AC type SE Razors. For me during the initial clearance stages it warns me not too rush and take care. I was wary of working on the upper lip and around the chin, but need not have worried as I completed the Shave without any problems.

Considering that this is a Budget Razor I am more than pleased with the quality of the Shave that I can get with it. Today finished up with a good close all round finish, though am sure it was helped by the superb
    lather that the Stirling delivered.

IMG_0511.jpg

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's Shave
    zcws.gif
    Proraso Pre Shave
    Ingram
    JR#226 Synthetic
    Micromatic OC
    Personna Gem CS
    Personna Pal CS
    CWR
    Thayer's Lemon WH
    Florida Water

I started off with Proraso Pre Shave. The Ingram Shaving Cream face-lathered well with the JR #226 Synthetic brush. I did two passes with the Micromatic OC Razor using a Personna Gem and Pal CS SE blades and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayer's Lemon WH and then Florida Water AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

The plan was to use the Gem CS blade for the first pass and then change over to the Pal CS for the second pass. That is exactly what I did. The GEM blade worked well on the first pass. It was more audible than the Pal probably because it was encountering thicker beard. I followed up with the Pal on the second pass. It did a great job of finishing off this excellent shave. I got no nicks, cuts or irritation from the blades. After rinsing the blades thoroughly and drying them off, I put them aside for tomorrows shave. I will reverse the order for that shave and use my Micromatic Clog-pruf.

Thanks, Andrew @Linuxguile , for the opportunity to try these blades out.

9. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

January 29, 2018

OneBlade Genesis
    Feather FHS-10
    Paladin Sumo
    Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad Cream
    Proraso Cypress & Vetiver ASB
    Fine Fresh Vetiver

[​IMG]

10. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD January 29, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: GEM G-Bar
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Lather: Stirling Grapefruit with menthol
    WTG, touch up

Great shave again with the G-Bar and coated blade. Really enjoyable. Two days of growth was taken off with ease and comfort. Have a great day!

SOTD 1-29-18.JPG

TestDepth, clint64, MPF9 and 3 others like this.
  11. Eric Kassan

Eric Kassan Member

Nice. I'll have to keep that in mind. What is is about the G1 you like moreso than others? Is it more aggressive, etc? Thanks for the info!!

clint64 likes this.
  12. Eric Kassan

Eric Kassan Member

It's great!

clint64 and twhite like this.
  13. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Great shave last night - back to my GEM CONTOUR II that I picked up NOS a few months back - yah its mild, so takes a little longer for bbs - but dammit, she is so smooooooooooooth...........!

Happy MONDAY - FUNDAY! jamie

[​IMG]

TestDepth, MPF9, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  14. EzraCobb

EzraCobb Well-Known Member

Dont you just love the @Jayaruh lather catcher handles!! I got one already painted black that i use with my Gem Junior Bar and Kampfe star 1900/01 & i have a 2nd one coming that is longer at 4 inches. I swear the handle he made is PERFECTLY ergonomically - thumb & index finger. Only draw back is that there are bidders for lather catchers coming out of the wood work on ebay - i got 3 lather catchers now - that fit modern blades - i have not dived into the wedge wormhole yet as that just means i will blow more money - i got enough razors - haha

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

The G1 is very smooth. Not aggressive feeling to me at all. Easy to find at a good price too. I also love the handle shape!

Eric Kassan and PLAla like this.
  16. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

No such thing as enough razors. Your right about the bidders though.

PLAla likes this.
  17. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I need help identifying this guy. The patent code seems to imply a type F, but it doesn't look like the type F Injectors I have seen.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

MPF9 and clint64 like this.
  18. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

It looks like an E2. I think it may be one of the early ones that can be opened.

polishaver, clint64 and SharptoothC like this.
  19. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Whatever it is, I just got one heck of a great shave out of it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

polishaver, PLAla and clint64 like this.
  20. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

It looks like a E2 but I think the spring is pegged on both sides. A veddy veddy nice razor. Did you find it aggressive feeling?

twhite and PLAla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.