Paradigm 17-4 DE razor

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Kypros Christodoulides, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

Hello friends,
    I see this DE is described as a game changer in all the other forums, but from what I could see, there are no comments here. Luckily I bought one of the last remaining at Bullgoose and it's my absolute fave YMMV. It combines a level of smoothness and effectiveness I've never seen on any other DE or SE for that matter.
    Any comments please?

Keithmax, jimjo1031 and Fluffyskiador like this.
  2. pbrmhl

pbrmhl Well-Known Member

The 17-4 is unique in my den, for one simple reason: it's the only mild DE razor I have that can deliver a truly close and long-lasting shave. Otherwise, the efficiency of my DE razors is a direct function of the blade-forwardness (aka, "aggressiveness") of the razor. I have a few razors that are a tad more efficient than the 17-4, but they all have significantly greater blade feel.

Keithmax and Fluffyskiador like this.
  3. Fluffyskiador

Fluffyskiador Active Member

In total agreement, the smoothness and effectiveness of the shaving of this Paradigm 17-4 SS is unique. a great success to buy it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Keithmax and LeGaulois like this.
  4. Kypros Christodoulides

5. snuff

snuff Well-Known Member

my top 3 are Paradigm, wolfman(s) and blackbird. Might buy a titanium if they become available again.

Fluffyskiador likes this.
  6. Kypros Christodoulides

TiII will become available again in March.

7. Fluffyskiador

Fluffyskiador Active Member

I already have my new handle for the Paradigm 17-4, but I still like the original and I personally do well and has an acceptable grip. This handle Stork An14 has very good grip and will serve me for other razors.[​IMG]

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

8. Kypros Christodoulides

The handle I use with mine is the Stork Taipan in Titanium.
    [​IMG]

Fluffyskiador likes this.