Waffle House Rocks!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by poppi, Jan 17, 2018.

1. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with Waffle House.You just have to find a good one, around here they are better than most Huddle Houses and I know some of the cooks at the IHOP and avoid it.Get water if you are trying to save 2$+ per drink per person.Shmefully I cannot think of any local breakfast joints the owners of the last one retired a few years back.The best breakfast chain I have tried is Village Inn,unfortunately the nearest one is about 275 miles away.

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I agree with the post above. They are franchises to the best of my knowledge with varying quality. My question to all is this: Do you have a favorite Ma & Pa owned non-chain diner in your area? Those are my goto.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  3. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

We went to Harrisburg this evening furniture shopping, and saw a Waffle House. It was the first time for my wife and daughters. My wife, a notoriously picky eater, gave it a thumbs up! It's not gourmet, but they do have some tasty food. I had the Texas Cheese Steak Melt and hashbrowns smothered, covered and chunked.

poppi and wchnu like this.
  4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Waffle House is good, but if you ever have the opportunity to work for Waffle House; let it pass you by.