Back shaving...

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Bookworm, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

I haven't had my back shaved since I had a fiancée trimming my neck for me decide to go down further and manscape me. (early 90's).

Anyway, I found this rather interesting tool.

http://www.buyincoins.com/item/115210.html

(I'll try to upload a picture later, unless someone wants to beat me to it. This Firefox is crashing on flash player).

Basically, it's a battery powered screen shaver. I'm not sure how they expect that you can _start_ to shave your back with it. Maybe daily maintenance? It looks more useful for women to shave their lower legs without straining themselves? manscaper.jpg

James_P and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Agreed, that wouldn’t make a dent in most men’s back hair.

3. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Ah, Huh:rofl:

4. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

James_P likes this.
  5. James_P

James_P Well-Known Member

I have a bakblade 2.0 and it works very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaT and Dansco like this.
  6. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about getting one - They seem harder to come by in the UK.

Think I may take the leap... thank you

James_P likes this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Whatever method you select, it's important to purr like a walrus.

8. Dansco

Dansco Well-Known Member

:happy097:

9. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

I could see it for maintenance maybe. But, I doubt it would be effective for initial deforestation.

10. Bookworm

There was an episode of Mr. Young (Canadian teen sitcom) where 'Slab' insists on his back being shaved. (My wife says it looks like mine). They go through several cans of shaving cream and dozens of disposables - and the expressions are priceless.

11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I have a wife, that enjoys using an old electric barber sheer. She enjoys it.

12. Hairy Alaskan

Hairy Alaskan eww da toilet

I’ve had the BakBlade 1.0 for a few years. It works very well.

I got my back waxed once 15 years ago or so. I couldn’t sit down with my back against anything for a couple days. Sleeping was pretty painful too. Never again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yehuda D likes this.
  13. Bookworm

Just out of curiosity, for what reason do you shave your back? I can see body builders doing it (they want all the muscles to be obvious), as well as swimmers/divers, but other than that, I can't think of one.

14. Hairy Alaskan

On the rare occasion I go to a pool and don’t want to scare children. It also helps keep a bit cooler in the summer.

jeraldgordon and James_P like this.
  15. Bookworm

Works for me. DSDF.

16. Hairy Alaskan

I honestly only do it 2 to 3 times per year. Thankfully my wife doesn’t care about back hair.
    I was always super self conscious about it throughout most of my life. If only the BakBlade existed during my high school years.

James_P likes this.
  17. Bookworm

Interestingly enough, I never worried about it in HS. My wife just keeps threatening to attack me with clippers, and comparing me to a sheep.

18. James_P

I shave my back because it gets itchy if I don’t. I end up rubbing my back on corners of walls and such like a bear.

Bookworm likes this.
  19. James_P

Just keep in mind I don’t shave everyday with it. About 3 times a month or show. My back hair is really slow to grow(thankfully). It is thick and it gets long. The first shave with it I was amazed on how much hair it took off. If it’s hard to come by where you are try to order it with a few blade replacements so you don’t have to order for a while.

20. Bookworm

Well, I started the thread to let people have a chuckle at the 'We put a cheap razor on a stick and suggest you use it for your back' device, but I'm glad that it's giving people useful information. I certainly wasn't expecting that in the least.

You never know what will be useful. Remember, knowing is half the battle.

*ducks*

James_P likes this.