*DONE* PIF - Russian Roulette Edition

Discussion in 'Freebies' started by Bama Samurai, Jan 24, 2018.

?

Yes or no?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    51.7%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. I hate binary options

11 vote(s)
    37.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

An AI Slim Focus Shavette from the cartel.

2. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Cool. I'm gonna die.

3. RyX

RyX DoH!

Not even with deliberate action. The blade exposure on a shavette is about the same as a DE or SE "safety razor". There's a little to learn about angle of attack, but that's about the same as riding the cap. Biggest New Thing will be figuring out grips and making sure you are skin stretching to reduce irritation.

4. COMPNOR

I've recently cut myself twice with an electric razor.

5. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Congratulations everyone!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9nein9 and jason koonce like this.
  6. Bookworm

Bookworm Well-Known Member

Rotary, or screen? I can see it with a rotary. I caught the crease of my lip once or twice. (while doing the grimacing to shave)

9nein9 and jason koonce like this.
  7. Bookworm

Hmm. . So, no hankering for a small lathe, like @RyX? :)

I wonder - is there a different rabbit hole for those who are handy, rather than handsome? Instead of straights, we go for high speed steel?

9nein9, jason koonce and RyX like this.
  8. COMPNOR

Rotary. And me being careless I guess. This one spot on my neck, that is really way to low for it to be a concern but twice now I've gone too low apparently and the next thing I know got this little thing of blood boiling up.

I know I'll mistakes with the shavette. Just a little tongue in cheek.

9nein9, RyX, jason koonce and 2 others like this.
  9. sdguero

sdguero Well-Known Member

Cool! Thank you, sir!

I know nothing about these razors but I’m looking forward to learning. :happy093:

I’m not afraid now! Chicks dig scars.

9nein9, RyX, Edison Carter and 3 others like this.
  10. Bookworm

Yup. The corner of the rotary screen is perfect for a skin tab, mole, or tiny crease like the corner of your mouth to get caught.

9nein9, jason koonce and Keithmax like this.
  11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Congratulations to the winners and future members of the dark side. I’m traveling and will post pics of the CJB and focus shavette Monday.

9nein9, RyX, Pilotcld and 5 others like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

Keith-

Big thanks for the awesome additions to the pool!

9nein9, RyX, LevelupShaves and 3 others like this.
  13. jason koonce

jason koonce Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all the winners this is going to be an awesome March madness. Can’t wait to start!!

9nein9, RyX, sdguero and 2 others like this.
  14. PatP

PatP Member

Congrats to the winners!!

9nein9 likes this.
  15. Pilotcld

Pilotcld Well-Known Member

Alright ladies and gents of Russian Roulette! Sorry I was on the lam there for a little bit busy with work!
    I got my Shavettes (yes!! More than I imagined!!!) in the mail earlier this week!!
    I’ve been busy getting tenants for our rental, but I made sure to grab 1/3rd of the package when I left for work this week that I received from @Bama Samurai to figure out how much pain I was going to put myself in for March!
    In my package there were 3 different Shavettes! I am very excited to try them out! I also got 4 tucks of Derby Razors and a pack of 100 shark razors! I will send more pictures of my gift from Bama Samurai!
    As I mentioned I brought 1 razor with me and I want to talk about what I learned tonight. (I know it’s not officially the start of March Madness, but bear with me). Tonight I shaved with this!
    [​IMG]

A couple things I learned
    1) Shavettes will remind you what it felt like shaving with an SR for the first time. There’s a rush to it, gets the adrenaline pumping. Don’t do this for the first time when you’re tired.

2) Old mistakes in technique will read their ugly heads :) I got 3 weepers, all in the same places I used to get them when getting comfortable with SR’s. Call me a masochist but it feels good to remember the warning a razor will give you when you drop your guard.

Hint: take every stroke slow, soft, and easy. As soon as you start to feel rushed, set it down, breathe, start again. I got my weepers under my nose, corner of my chin, and on my next as soon as I let my guard down. (The yakuza would have told me 油断すんな! “Don’t let your guard down”)

3) When you let your guard down, it is easy to forget that the blade is basically a spike on both ends. The razor looks like a friend round point. That’s where I let my guard down and got a couple vertical stripes on my face

Lastly Do. Not. Give. Up. One shave down with 2 WTG passes and baaaaaaarely setting the razor against my face and I have a 90% BBS shave. If you have never used a SR, I would suggest putting some lather on your face and practicing a mock trial with no blade. Practice confident, very soft strokes. And streeeeeeeeeeetching that skin.

Watch those corners gentlemen. I don’t think we had any female winner in the PIF? If I am wrong I apologize and will say Watch those corners ladies and gentlemen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Bama Samurai

Drygulch, dustmite and 9nein9 like this.
  17. dustmite

dustmite Well-Known Member

I purchased my Barbasol Original. I'm all set for March Madness!

Edison Carter and Drygulch like this.
  18. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I'm planning on doing a Rule for March. I don't shave everyday, but am looking forward to this. Chris sent two types of blades, but for the rule I will use the Sharks.
    3E34C532-6AD6-4199-94BC-1D470CB1D560.jpeg

jtspartan and Edison Carter like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.