Thanks everyone

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Happy janitor, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Happy janitor

Happy janitor Active Member

I'm new here and have learned quite a bit about traditional shaving thanks to everyone here. I'm starting to feed ny new hobby with different items as to develop what works for me. Yesterday i ordered from wcs some stirling executive man, clubman reserve, and a DE blade sample pack. Today I ordered from stirling, barbershop Shave soap and the boar brush since i had read the article about brushes. Great article btw. I'll eventually work my way up to a nice badger, budget allowing of course. Thanks everyone.

2. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

Excellent! Glad to have you at TSD!

EnglishChannel and Happy janitor like this.
  3. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Enjoy, glad you joined us.

4. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096: Glad to see you're getting a boar and hopefully you didn't pay a lot. My first brush was an Omega 40033 for $7 and I still have it years later, going strong. Clubman Special Reserves is great and is my favorite! Oh I just noticed you got a Stirling brush ... great brush and a great price! It's the same size knot as my Omega 40033.

5. Happy janitor

Happy janitor Active Member

The brush was only i think $10. I need options to compare products. Do i need to do anything to the brush before,during, or after use other than giving it a good rinsing after a shave? I have a synthetic now as my first brush, but as i said i dont have anything to compare it to.

EnglishChannel, Linuxguile and Enrico like this.
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Hello and welcome! The first thing I do with a new animal brush is two latherings. I will lather it once and then rinse out the lather and lather it again and this time let that lather sit in the brush overnight. This will help get any of the animal smell out of the brush and start the break in process.

EnglishChannel and Enrico like this.
  7. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Unless you like the smell of wet pig, then you can use it as is and the smell will slowly fade. For me it smells like family. :happy097:

8. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    High their, @Happy janitor , so glad you have joined us. Sounds like you are now on the right path. Looking forward to the conversations.

zwelcome1a.jpg

EnglishChannel likes this.