How's Your Day? April 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Apr 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Presenting ... the Cadbury Easter Penguin!

upload_2018-4-1_7-52-56.jpeg

(The bunny seems to have a bit of a run in with a hit man named Elmer. :eek:)​

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    Sara-s, AGHisBBS, Erik Redd and 2 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

coffee and baileys.great shave this morning,chat with friends and family,some time on tsd.a brew or two.time with my wife.all is well.

BaylorGator and BigMike like this.
  3. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Grilled elk tenderloin at the Beaumont Inn, Dallas, PA.
    2018-04-01 17.25.07.jpg

4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got a new iPad today. Setup was surprisingly easy.

5. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I got my tumor removed last night, after getting my surgery bumped back 10 hours! There's a bit of swelling as you can see (by the dot marking the sinus they operated on. The doctor got the beasty out in less than an hour. My incision runs under my top lip from the middle of my nose to the start of my molars...holy tooth pain is all I can say! Recovery is 2 weeks and I'm just on Tylenol for the pain. The crazy nurse this morning didn't give me my prescription for pain meds, so I just left. I think it was only for T3s which don't work for me. But I'll be calling my doctor's office tomorrow to make sure there isn't something else I should be on.

All in all this recovery is already way better than my brain surgery last year. Being able to walk is a HUGE blessing!!

Thanks for all the prayers and thoughts! It does help![​IMG]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

6. richgem

I'm glad everything went smoothly and quickly! Heal up fast.

lradke likes this.
  7. Intrigued

Intrigued Active Member

So glad to hear that everything went pretty well, except for the long wait (and Nurse Ratched). [​IMG]

lradke likes this.
  8. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

@Iradke I'm glad everything went smooth. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. :)

lradke likes this.
  9. rmcintyre84

Prayers for a quick recovery.

lradke likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had physical therapy this morning. My therapist and I had a “small world” moment. I was describing my fitness regimen, including the archery. She mentioned that her neighbors’ 2 teenage daughters are competitive archers, though she did not say their names. But it’s a small community, so it took me only one guess to figure out who she meant.

AGHisBBS and Redfisher like this.
  11. rmcintyre84

We're at a 6 year old church plant in Wilkes Barre that is full of young people and has just taken off. We came here on Easter. My wife is here to see the traveling African Children's Choir. For me, it''s just a reminder of what a failure I am after 25 years of pastoral ministry.

Redfisher likes this.
  12. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Only if you look at it from a limited worldly perspective. Case in point - I heard about this guy who started ministry at 30, never ended up becoming a lead pastor at all, got canned 3 years into his ministry by church leadership due to church politics. The few guys he was closest to (kind of a ragtag group of losers) then abandoned him. Shortly after that he suddenly and tragically died. I mean to his credit, he did love people and try to listen to and follow God, but what could possibly come of that?
    Now, 2,000 years later we sing about his love every Sunday.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  13. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

God bless you my friend. Prayers out.

lradke likes this.
  14. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

A fine Sunday just looking around for things that need fixed in the house. Why because the house is under contract to sell and I want the home inspection to go smoothly. Replaced the seals in the pool pump that were leaking. Making sure the windows all operate properly etc. So happy that I have a contract to sell. Time to move on.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  15. richgem

AGHisBBS likes this.
  16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I had an odd mishap this morning. As I wanted to shave my legs, I set up my shower bench. When I went to sit on it, somehow it slid out from under me & I landed on my bottom, on the tub floor. I’m Ok, but given my lousy knees, getting up was a challenge. Fortunately, when we remodeled the bathroom, I chose a tub with built-in handrails.

Also fortunately, my arms are really strong, so I was able to hold the handgrips and pull myself up. My shoulders are a bit achy, but that will pass.

Enrico and Erik Redd like this.
  17. rmcintyre84

What a crappy day. First, the accountant tells us we're getting back $1,300. This is great, because we still owe my hospital $1,000, which will take care of my deductible for the year. Fortunately/Unfortunately, my wife caught a mistake in our tax forms. So, instead of getting back $1,300, we're paying $1,300. Then, I get a letter informing me I'm being considered for an amazing job. Unfortunately, the letter was sent on January 29. We moved in mid-February, and our mail has been slow in getting to us. The deadline to express my interest was March 20. :angry019: So, being the rational being I am, I've reacted to these setbacks by eating $25 in junk food. It's days like this that the "Christianly" acceptable curse words such as darn, gosh, shoot, and even frick just don't cut it.

Erik Redd likes this.
  18. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

My day has been crappy too, but not nearly that crappy.

My son at college had a power steering leak so I drove over with some fluid with the idea we would swap out cars and I would get his fixed next week. The leak was so bad I didn't want to drive it 30 miles and risk ruining the pump, so I called my mechanic's wrecker service. It took them four hours to get there.

19. rmcintyre84

They're not allowing me to apply for the job, even though they chose me.
    Screenshot_2018-04-14-17-54-50.png

Erik Redd likes this.
  20. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

It's a shame they sent the letters out via snail mail and you missed the opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.