The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. PumperNickel-BageL

PumperNickel-BageL Active Member

Please advise us how the Satsuma smells as a splash. I got a free sample of the bath soap and its nice.

Let us know how long lasting is the Edt. So glad Stirling finally is going to make some EdT's. I use the aftershaves as colognes so it will be nice to see proper Edts.

I had a great shave this morning with the Lil Brudder brush and Stirling Sandalwood soap. It required 20 swirls instead of 16 like the Tuxedo brush does. I pressed down harder this time as was recommended by you guys during the loading.

I also had a great shower using Stirling Bay Rum bar soap and loaded it to the 25% Salux towel for a total of 40 strokes which is the magic number for me. Anything less than that and you dont get enough lather for a fast shower.

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm glad to see the "li'l brudder" getting such positive commentary.

3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

The Lil’ Brudder is a great brush.

4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I was having a sniff off between Satsuma and Island Man to see which I was going to use on my next shave. Both are great scents but Island Man got the nod. It starts off with a strong coconut and rum note and then somewhere in the background you get a hint of tropical flowers and something a bit citrusy. Very nice! I couldn't wait and splashed on some of the AS, we'll see what SWMBO thinks when she gets home.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

With great sincerity I must confess my envy of that acquisition.
    :happy088:

6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I used Island Man for the 1st time this morning. Performs and smells wonderful! Luckily the wife loves it too... she better not steal it. Lol I think this one may deserve a full tub and AS. I'm supa excited about the edt's coming out. I see a huge part of my paycheck going to ezlovan next month.

7. Linuxguile

SOTD Adjustable April 25th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    '82 Gillette Super Adjustable @ 7
    Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless(3)
    Yaqi Ruby Red (24mm finest, Frigate Class)
    Stirling Island Man Soap and AS

I know I know, not the best color combination. But I wanted to use both my new Yaqi brush and Stirling soap set. First off let me say, this brush is gorgeous! Its finish has far far exceeded my expectations! Not bad for $25 eh ? The knot is also night and day better (for me) compared to the silver tip. It has nice backbone (though not as much as my 3omm Maseto or my 35mm Doug Korn), a little bit of scrub but still nice soft tips(but not gel tips). I guess two band knots are just my thing. The Stirling Island man is an amazingly wonderful scent. I'm not usually a fan of coconut, but this has enough other things going on that really make it spectacular. Glacial level After shave? Oh Yeah! I guess I'm becoming a bit of a menthol head.

8. Paul Turner

I'm presuming here at the color of Island Man is blue, like Stirling Blu. I love its appearance in the bottle.

9. Linuxguile

The soap itself is light blue in color.

10. Paul Turner

Ohh, OK. Nice.

11. Paul Turner

Looks like I'll be breaking out the Glacial Wintergreen next week as we may have some days in the 80's.

12. PumperNickel-BageL

I found the Island Man aftershave scent to be so-so. In addition to what others say I can smell "Hawaiian Tropic" suntan lotion as one of the scent notes. I had gotten a small sample of the bar soap and really liked how that one smelled thru the saran wrap.

Maybe my nose just has to get used to it.

13. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Speaking for myself. Not only does my nose learn to sort out all of the nuances of a fragrance the more time I give it, but my day to day mood plays a huge role in my acceptance or appreciation of a fragrance.

14. PumperNickel-BageL

Yeah I sprayed some on my wrists today and It was nice, so I am warming up to it. It is a very unusual scent, not like any of my others.

Edison Carter and Linuxguile like this.
  15. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

I find the AS to seem a bit sweeter in scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I'm going menthol crazy tomorrow - it'll be Glacial Lemon Chill!

Gnomeo0228 and Edison Carter like this.
  17. Edison Carter

I'm in.
    Glacial Lemon Chill SS
    Unscented Glacial AS Balm
    Glacial Lemon Chill AS Splash

Soon as I see Glacial Black Cherry and Glacial MITA, I'm going for it.

When I do, I'd like to also get a minty type, do you have a preferred scent? wintergreen / spearmint?

Gnomeo0228 and Yehuda D like this.
  18. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I love both of them!

Gnomeo0228 and Edison Carter like this.
  19. PumperNickel-BageL

Did the Lemon Chill make your eyes start watering and fluttering? I use it with cold water shave on a sinkful of water and ice cubes. Then when you rinse off your face in between each pass you will really feel the freeze. Try following it up with Stirling Bay Rum because it feels good to go to the other extreme from freezing cold to the burning heat of the Bay Rum

20. Edison Carter

Supreme enabling skill!
    :)

cliffb599 and Yehuda D like this.