REX Ambassador

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Linuxguile, Apr 29, 2018.

1. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

I don't know if anyone is looking to pick up a REX but there is a group buy going on over at DFS and if we get more then 25 people the final price will be $181, that's $70 off of retail.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

2. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

I'm in. Thanks for the heads up Andrew!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That's a great price!! I paid $200 I think back when the Rex was at presale, I have #14.

4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

This is not a snarky comment, but a genuine question that I'm curious about. Obviously many folks are willing to pay big bucks for this thing. So what makes it $130-$150 better than a Slim or Fatboy in anyone's opinion?

RyX, Linuxguile and stuartganis like this.
  5. Linuxguile

The same reason any other high end razor is desirable. It looks good, it is machined out of stainless steel, it's nearly indestructible, it looks good, it's heavy, in this case it's adjustable, it looks good.

You see where I'm going with this.

RyX and BaylorGator like this.
  6. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

If it's all that why does he have to take $60.00 off the price, maybe it's not worth $250.00?

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

7. Linuxguile

He doesn't have to take anything off the price, it is a special offer for members of the forum. Considering that most 3 piece machined stainless steel razors go for between $180 and $400 the retail price of $250 for an adjustable, fully stainless steel razor, doesn't seem unreasonable to me.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on the razor. I'm just trying to let people know that if they are interested in the razor there is an opportunity right now to save a good chunk of money.

RyX and BaylorGator like this.
  8. BaylorGator

Got it. I have a few watches like that. They don't keep time better than a Casio (in fact they actually keep worse time), and they cost A LOT more, but make me happy to look at. My buddy, who got me into watches, explained it this way. You can take a snapshot of a scene, or you can see a painting by a great artist of that same scene. Which one do you enjoy more? Whichever one makes you happier is worth a higher value to you.

wristwatchb and RyX like this.
  9. riffin

riffin Active Member

Also nostalgia. The Rex is designed after my all time favorite shavers, the Persona Micromatic and the Gibbs adjustable DEs. I just had some extra cash...

10. Linuxguile

The group buy has reached maximum discount. It is open until May 17th to sign up and receive a $70 discount on the Rex.

11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

It seems like the competition is really cranking up some deals just around June when the Pantheon is launched and Rockwell model T and Krave adjustables are becoming the newest greatest razor. There are going to be some good deals like the Rex Ambassador at $181 just to compete.

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

To be clear, Matt didn't initiate the group buy, it was a response to a forum member's request.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Ron R and Linuxguile like this.
  13. BaylorGator

Anybody know anything about the quality/reputation of the Rockwell mentioned above?

14. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

yup it was all my doing

15. blashe

blashe Well-Known Member

I can only speak of the 6S that's SS version, quality is good, shaves nice, built like a tank. Can not speak of the 6C since that one is plated zinc and the Model T is undergoing some issues + its no longer all brass construction but a mixture of zinc,SS and brass

16. BaylorGator

Curse you @Linuxguile, you had me at “it looks good”. I just bought in!

Linuxguile and jluc like this.
  17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Join the club!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Linuxguile likes this.
  18. Linuxguile

Welcome to the fold, Brother!

jluc likes this.
  19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I would really like to, but I don't think I could justify it to my wife, let alone myself. That's one razor that's on my wish list, but that's ok, vintage is still cool!

stuartganis likes this.
  20. BaylorGator

My REX just arrived, and it is absolutely a beauty! Thanks for the heads up and the education on shiny things, Andrew.

Linuxguile and Enrico like this.