So Far I Have Only Used One Brush

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by TomAllyn, Jun 19, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

i agree.gave the vulfix i had away.my maggaed 2 band badger in the jr brush is great.

2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I am one who believes that you only go around once so if there is something you want - go for it. I am mostly a synthetic brush guy but have and really enjoy using a Semogue Owners Club badger in cherry wood (its a 2 band so more backbone than Silvertip). I feel that it is a great brush at a very nice price for badger. Good luck in your decision.

Frijolero and TomAllyn like this.
  3. TomAllyn

TomAllyn Active Member

I also have a Stirling synthetic I look forward to using. I'm just sticking with what I'm currently using for 30 days for now. As mentioned above I made an offer on a Frank 2 band and my offer was accepted so I have purchased it.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2018
    Frijolero and wchnu like this.
  4. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

2 band first brush will give you better back bone and yet be fisrly soft and will serve you for a long time. Don't sleep on a tuxedo synthetic, durable and very comfortable for everyday use...

2 Band is my personal favorite but silvertips can be very enjoyable.

2 recent projects.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Enrico, SpeedyPC and Frijolero like this.
  5. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I rarely use my badger, my omega boar works fine and is cheap, i mostly use soaps now so the boar seems to work better. The only time i use the badger is if im using a cream, I had a second brush but gave it to a friend with a tub of aos sandlewood cream to get him started wet shaving. When i first started it took a long time before I learned to lather, i didnt know about online forums, most of my lathers were just soapy water. The soapy water seemed to work fine, i shaved that way for a long time.

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Howdy Brother :happy088: Have you tried the Omega 011829 27/52mm boar knot

[​IMG]

Frijolero likes this.