An entry-level Sandalwood scent?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by CutMan, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve New Member

I like Tayor's too. It's actually a blend of scents with sandalwood being the predominant one. AOS is made with real sandalwood essential oil so it's a good choice!

My favorite sandalwood scent it QED but it's a soap, not a cream. The scent is 100% sandalwood essential oil so it's the real thing.

2. moses

moses New Member

Looking back on this, I am struck by something. NOONE, not even me, mentioned Trumper's Sandalwood. Like Taylors, it is based on their cologne. But it is, to me, the finest of all the Sandalwood scented creams. In fact, it is one of my all time favorite creams. If I had to pick only one Trumper, that would be it. And if I had to pick only three creams, it would be one (along with T&H Lime and Penhaligons BB or 1870 - Note Tea Tree left out because of the untimely demise of Coates). Simply put, it is fantastic. I prefer the scent to AOS, and every other Sandalwood product I've tried except QED soap. It has this great old leather mustiness to it. The feeling of using it is like reading an old, elegant leather-bound volume in an old, comfortable wood paneled library, with a nice fire going, and sitting in an ancient and well used leather chair.

Can you tell I love this stuff. Although more in fall and winter than now.

-Mo

3. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I'm new to Sandalwood but I loved the QED soap. I need to compare it to the C&E cream side by side.

4. moses

moses New Member

I think you'll find that they are very very different.....

-Mo

5. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

I have them both already and yes, they're very different. I'm curious to see in what ways scent wise. C&E scents can be real "different." :D So, two bowls side by side comparison coming up in the near future.

6. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

You may find the QED to smell better, you might not....but the deal is that the QED has "real" sandalwood oil in it, whereas the C&E......well who knows whats in there :happy001

7. Will

Will Nevermind

I thought we agreed on Raid?

8. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Raid????? :eek:

I think the C&E Sandalwood smells nice, and nothing like Raid! :p

9. moses

moses New Member

C&E Sandalwood is a bit too sweet for my tastes, but Raid? I don't get that.

On the other hand, I have it on good authority that L'Occitane Cade DOES smell like raid. The Outdour Fresh one, specifically.

-Mo

10. qhsdoitall

qhsdoitall Wilbur

So of the Sandalwood Soap and Cream vendors. Who uses Essential Oil (EO) Sandalwood in their product?

QEDman Sandalwood Shave Soap is one.

11. moses

moses New Member

Well, AOS certainly does. Hard to say about most of the others, but if so, it is probably a pretty small amount. (Although I think Mama Bear does have a Sandalwood EO soap).

-Mo

12. TraderJoe

TraderJoe Pink Floid

Colleen @ The Gentleman's Quarter has a small amount of real Mysore Sandalwood Oil in her soap, but in whole, its primarily a FO.

--> She does mention that its the highest quality oil she could find.

The Mama Bear soap is an FO, as far as I know...and is listed as such

13. moses

moses New Member

My mistake.... I think maybe she used to have one.... Maybe I'm totally losing my mind.

-Mo