What's your best high end cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Rusty blade, May 30, 2018.

1. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

My vote is for ABC.

It's very expensive and doesn't last long. But, it is extremely slick.

smoothcut, Rusty blade and Steve56 like this.
  2. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

Fitjar from norway,gives a thick slick lather,leaves the face feeling cool,think they have about five different creams,they do a sample pack.
    Mine cost £30 stirling for 150g jar,expensive and a rare treat for me,but it has given me the best shave yet. My rose Geo f trumper is up there on my list,nice soft fragrance and good thick creamy lather,helps give a slick shave.
    Regards Kevan

3. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

There are some ridiculously priced creams out there. Though its a little harder to rinse, plain old ordinary 'Kiss My Face' is pretty much as good as any of them, better than most, and very cheap!

Personally, I really like Castle Forbes, but it is just an indulgence - it certainly doesn't outperform KMF! That being said, if you enjoy high end stuff, and don't mind paying for it, get whatever you want and enjoy it!

Screwtape likes this.
  4. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Truefitt and hill ultimate comfort but honestly tobs avocado is better.

CliffDweller and Screwtape like this.
  5. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

It is nice to have high end stuff if it gives that extra quality,but saying that the fitjar from norway was an over indulgence and is a one off for me. I have prorasso blue and an old spice. Shaving gear in the UK is a little more expensive and I do order from the States,plus I think they have a greater choice. I have just used a hard soap from Geo trumper couldn't get a good lather not matter what I did,shaved all the same but it has left me sore. Will definitely stick to cream. Next I would like to try when mine run out,are a castle forbes and a Meissner Tremonia.
    Regards Kevan

Screwtape likes this.
  6. I'm a big fan of Truefitt and Hill. All their creams just smell better to me.

Keithmax and Rusty blade like this.
  7. Norvell06

Norvell06 Member

They get good reviews,have been looking at these,another I would like to try.
    Regards Kevan

8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Perry’s Blizzard of 77 ... absolutely the best though it’s too bad that it’s only produced in January and February each year.

.......... oh I thought you were talking about ice cream .......... never mind. :ashamed001:

:happy097:

Keithmax, Ursa, wristwatchb and 2 others like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

high end-castle forbes lavender,t and h lime...artisan -saponificio bignoli .. for me at present ..best budget? jm frasers...

Keithmax and Screwtape like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Did ya see that @PLAla, you have a shaving cream and a winter weather condition named after you. WAIT A MINUTE, WHAT'S GOIN DOWN HERE?????? :signs081:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  11. brit

brit in a box

our great forum slows down late at night so i look for interesting threads to read .. and here we are...:p

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  12. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

I'm more of a hard soap guy but enjoy creams from time to time. My most expensive cream has been Xpec and ABC both are excellent products but I can't really tell the difference between them and some of the less expensive stuff. Discounting the debate on Tabac's scent as far as shaving cream goes Tabac shaving cream has everything I want or need for the shaving and post shave feel I like. I also like TOBS, AoS, Salters and a few more.

13. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

The first time I used a cream was when I was in the service and living in a barracks. A tube was just easier to deal with in a crowded and bustling head area than a ceramic Old Spice mug. I would squeeze out a dollop, smear it on my face and go at it with a brush. It was easy to lather and clean up was a snap. I don't remember which cream it was, it was likely Palmolive, but I'm not sure.

I've since used creams a few times, for short periods. I tried Proraso, but settled on TOBS as my primary cream. I'm in no way an expert with creams, but TOBS seems like pretty terrific stuff to me. I'm mostly a soap guy, but after reading this thread, I may have to revisit creams. I liked creams, but I always drifted back to my familiar soaps. 54+ years of habit, I guess.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2019
  14. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Please define high end. My high end might not be your high end.
    My high end=Anything not from a can, requires using a brush, and adding water to create a lather.

brit likes this.
  15. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

He did, in the original post.

mrchick and brit like this.
  16. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

Not really. Need price ranges. What constitutes a High End cream? Is it price? Is it performance? Is it the difficulty of procurement? I have creams that are a couple of dollars a tube. I have creams that are twenty bucks a tube. I have a cream that cost me thirty. All perform superbly if you get the right amount of water in them. Some just smell better than others. Others aren't as finicky lathering. However, none of them can be purchased at the local Wal-Mart.

brit likes this.
  17. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My answer is simple ..... Stirling :)

18. Frijolero

Yes. Really:

Steve56 likes this.
  19. BigD

BigD Well-Known Member

No, what is "Expensive". My "Expensive" can be different than someone else's "Expensive". Is twenty bucks and over considered "Expensive"? Is thirty bucks or more "Expensive"? It's a sliding goal post.

20. Frijolero

I imagine if he had a number in mind, he'd have said so. Why not just decide for yourself what you consider expensive and answer accordingly? That seems to work for everyone else.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.