questions for the cart people

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by rbilly, Jun 27, 2018.

1. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Im trying to remember my first razor brand I used. Im assuming it was one of 3, schick, gillette, bic. All i remember is it had a multiblade head and the cart flexed in the middle, i dont remember any pivot but if you pressed in the middle of the blade it would go from straight to roundish. This would have been the early 90s. I was hoping someone here could identify this razor, i know if i saw one I would recognize it.

Keithmax and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  2. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Sorry I wont be much help in identifying this particular razor, but you may want to do a Google search and look at pics if you would recognize it. There are some decent cart razors out there, but once I switched to DE I haven't looked back. Although it can be frustrating at first to find the right razor/blade combo that works well with your skin, but once you do it is like heaven.

3. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Sounds like the Gillette Sensor.

4. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

Alright i found it, i remember the commercial where they were shaving a basketball lol. Ill never leave DEs, was just trying to remember my first. Screenshot_2018-06-27-07-16-58.png

Keithmax, gorgo2 and PLANofMAN like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, the Tracer. I forgot using it until you reminded me. I cannot now imagine pressing so hard while shaving that you would bend even a flexible cart, but there it is.

6. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

The shaving of the basketball is why I started using the Tracer. I still have the handle and a cart, although I have not used it in years. I suppose if I were to go back to carts it would be the Tracer.

rbilly likes this.
  7. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I dont remember it being bad, but i was a teenager so anything would have worked, i do remember having to switch to a mach 3 because the handle broke and i couldnt find a new one, but still had blades. I hated the mach 3 and used to look for another tracer in any store i went. After awhile and some time I switched to a fusion and then a disposable bic metal until i found my way to DEs.

Keithmax likes this.
  8. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The carts are not made or sold anymore. So just NOS on eBay, and sellers like US Razor.

9. Sabre

Sabre Well-Known Member

The Tracer was replaced by the Tracer FX/FX and FX Diamond. Both disappeared in the early noughties. The release of the similar but not compatible Xtreme 3 in around 2003, probably killed it. The Protector was also released into Schick markets.

They lasted longer than the Slim Twin/Advantage.

10. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

Razors Direct also sells them.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk