SOS: July 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

July 17th
    Razor: Rex Ambassador (3)
    Blade: Sharp Star (2)
    Brush: JR 151 boar
    Pre shave: Stirling mentholated
    Soap: Stirling Gentleman
    Thayers Cucumber
    AS: Stirling Gentleman

Tobacco Tuesday! [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you......:).

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

You're welcome :). I was afraid you would tell me, for the second time, that I was a wiseguy. All in fun, of course :).

4. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

This is my 2nd go around with Zaro, the first was back in summer of 2014 and at that time zero scent from the new puck. I had my daughter check the puck and my brother in law, no scent. Well I bought two last week off a BST and both of these have a light flower scent as soon as you pop the lids. I'll let you know tomorrow after I lather up if the scent changes or gets stronger

5. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

WEDNESDAY MORNING'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell (Tea Tree) Lavender Mint
    Bath Soap - Pinaud Clubman
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Vintage Gillette Superspeed circa 1947-1952 (re-plated in nickel by Razor Emporium)
    Blade - BiC Chrome-Platinum *7th Shave
    Brush - Declaration Grooming "Fatty" in custom green color
    Brush stand by Desire Metal Works
    Razor Stand by RV Shaving
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clubguy
    Preshave Oil - Lather & Wood Unscented
    Aftershave - Pinaud Clubman
    Post-shave Balm - Cilo Super Anitoxidant Serum
    Deodorant - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Clubguy
    Fragrance - Chanel Pour Monsieur EDP

6. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

07/18/18 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Daisygirl Soaps - Citrus Spice Goats Milk Soap
    Crown King Alt-Eleven Shampoo & Conditioner Bar- w/ Prickly Pear, Neem Honey & Yucca Root
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Avo Nice Shave Artisan Shave Soap with Avocado Oil & Chlorophyll
    Dogwood Handcrafts Aurora Shaving Brush - 24mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Ever Ready 1912 Razor
    Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 8th Shave
    RazoRock Alum Block
    Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Avo Nice Shave Aftershave & Cologne with Avocado Oil & Chlorophyll
    Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
    The Sudsy Soapery 100% Natural Rain Deodorant

D IMG_0265.jpg

7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

18 July 2018

* Rex Ambassador
    * Wizamet Iridium Super

* Shavemac D01 2-Band Marble Blue
    * Mystic Water Marrakesh
    * Unrefined Shea Butter
    * Bergamot/Vetiver EO

[​IMG]

8. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

What does Avo Nice Shave smell like? I recently went thru samples I got from PAA and think the best, most relevant scents are:

Atomic Age Bay Rum
    Sangre de Drago
    The Beach
    Solstice

The rest, IMO, are just 'ok' at best. I'm a bit of a frag-head and have a large fragrance collection. I was shocked at how good both Atomic Age Bay Rum and Sangre de Drago were when I first tried each. Those two are, IMO, way above the talent level I would expect a small-time business like PAA is. It's the equivalent of a 'Rocky Balboa' knocking out the champ in a freak exhibition. Those two scents are, quite literally, worthy of selling across the nation in retail malls and stores. Douglas Smythe punched WAY above his weight with those two scents IMO. I also enjoy The Beach, which smells like, well, a beach and it's pretty good. I don't think it's the most ground breaking scent, but worthy of wearing for sure. Solstice smells like, well, like I remember it smelling during an early spring harvest season in New Mexico when I was a kid. Doug has some talents at making scents. I honestly think he does. I've smelled worse scents from professional perfumers and major brands both designer and niche. IMO, from the ones I've tried, he's got 4 relevant scents. (2 'very good' and 2 'decent')

9. picturerock

picturerock Well-Known Member

Stirling Coniferous soap, Honey Farms two band badger brush, WCS Midnight series razor, Chatillon Lux Fourth and Pine aftershave.

The Coniferous confused me. This is my first shave with it and I was expecting a clean pine scent. What I got when I opened the tub was more dank, like pine needles that had spent too much time under a log. Well, I bloomed the puck and whipped up some lather, and that seemed to help a lot, as it transformed into a much better, fresher, sharper scent. Much better. The lather was also very rich and slick, and did a fantastic job on the shave. I'm going to like this soap.

[​IMG]

10. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2018

July 17

Razor - 1962 (H1) Gillette Slim (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (2)
    Soap - Stirling Sheep
    Brush - Stirling Pro Handle Synthetic
    Post - Alum

Time to try the second Stirling sample I received on Saturday. Tonight is Sheep night. This is the unscented mutton tallow soap from Stirling. I have and love the Electric Sheep which is one of his strongest scented soaps and also mutton based. I tried the Scots Pine Sheep and while I loved the feel of the mutton tallow and how it shaved, the pine scent was a bit too much for me. Yeah. Go figure. Can't handle some pine scent but the heavy citronella/eucalyptus of the Electric Sheep trips my trigger. Anyway, I thought I'd give the Sheep a chance so I could potentially add a second mutton based soap to the collection. Oh - @Drygulch - yeah....THAT'S how the den reduction is going. As if you didn't know. :signs131:

Anyway, I pulled the big Stirling synthetic brush out and used the Slim and Ladas again. The soap lathers just like every other Stirling I've tried. In other words extremely easily, effectively, and just plain awesomely. It is strange working with an unscented soap. I kept trying to sniff it to pick up the scent. Creature of habit. I shaved two passes and some light touch up and finished with a near-BBS. Very nice. When I squeezed out the brush I got a handful of some of the slickest and most luxurious lather imaginable. Really nice feel to his sheep products and I'm seeing a big tub of this in my future.

[​IMG]

11. ilts

ilts Well-Known Member

Good Morning Everyone SOTD 07/18/18

Schick G
    Schick (1)
    Erskine 3103 Boar
    Williams
    Cold Water Rinse, Alum Block
    Pinaud Clubman A/S

Have A Great Day! DSCF2696.JPG

12. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

For some reason, this post never made it through yesterday. A day late but here it is.

90BC23C9-EFEA-45AA-9E16-21707BF660EC.jpeg

July 17 SOTD:

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
    Blade: Polsilver
    Brush: PAA Atomic Rocket
    Lather: Stubble Trubble Lavender & Lemonade
    Aftershave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
    Additional Care:
    Stirling Unscented PSB

13. Jan Zoethout

Jan Zoethout Well-Known Member

SOTD 20180718.

[​IMG]

Yaqi model R1710.
    Jabones by Luna “Limón”.
    Maggard slant / MR14 handle.
    Rapira Super Stainless Chrome (1).
    Rebul Lime EdC.

14. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

943306BE-E54A-44AC-B530-954D5F35B84C.jpeg

July 18 SOTD:

Razor: Gillette Red Tip
    Blade: Polsilver
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft
    Lather: Barbon
    Aftershave: Barbon
    Additional Care:
    Osage Rub
    Stirling Unscented PSB

15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod180718.JPG
    Williams Wednesday's Shave
    zcws.gif
    Keep It Simple Shave Week

Williams Mug Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #303
    AutoStrop B2
    Treet CS SE
    CWR
    Clubman Pinaud

My prep was just a cold water rinse. The Williams Mug Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #303 synthetic brush. I did two passes with the AutoStrop B2 Razor with a Treet CS SE blade and ended up with a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, I finished off with Clubman Pinaud AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

16. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Wed. 7/18/18
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Good morning friends. Excellent three pass shave today with the Gillette Black Beauty fitted with a Gillette 7 O'clock blade. Marvelous lather from the Proraso shave cream. I finished with Old Spice, smooth and refreshed. Enjoy your day friends. ☺

17. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

TSD Barber Shoppe Soap
    AoS Pure Badger Brush
    Winchester Razor
    Stirling Green After Shave
    Have fun![​IMG]

18. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

Wednesday

Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
    Soap: Bulgari Man in Black
    Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
    Blade: Vintage Gillette Platinum-Plus (9)
    Brush: oscar11/TGN 2-Band Finest-24mmx50mm
    Aftershave: Bulgari Man in Black EdT

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Bulgari Man in Black today. 20 seconds to load the oscar11/TGN 2-Band Finest brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette Platinum-Plus blade still in the Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Bulgari Man in Black EdT.

Bob

[​IMG]

19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Howzit my friends!

My Wednesday SOTD:

L'Oreal Men Expert Facial Wash
    Razorock Plissoft 26mm Monster
    Super Speed/Derby day 4
    OSP Grapefruit Menthol SS
    Gold Bond Moisturizer
    Mennen Skin Bracer AS Splash

A much better shave than yesterday - smooth as silk, and very comfortable. This OSP soap lathers like a beast, its menthol effect is very good and the post-shave care is soothing. The wife hates the scent of the Skin Bracer but that's just too bad - I love it! (I still love you baby girl!)

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, July 18
    [​IMG]Williams~~Rooney~~Mühle~~Personna~~Floïd
    Have a great day!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.