July 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Jun 30, 2018.

?

Any chance you're joining us for Cinco de Julio?

1. Of course. In fact, I save my popsicle sticks for just this occasion!

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Of course not. I'm sane.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  3. I'll think about it but I'm too busy eating cookies.

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  4. I'll let you know when I get to St. Louis.

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

Excellent photos and write-ups today, fellas! Hope everyone has a great day!

Drygulch, clint64, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

great brush, Clint.

Drygulch, clint64, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Thank you, Bruce!

Drygulch, clint64, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Thank you, Rick! I feel much better now. Time to go look at a brush or two!

5. FaceScraper

FaceScraper Well-Known Member

I let myself get behind in here again. I saw a ton of great posts and photos while catching up...sorry if I didn't comment...

No photo from me today either, or yesterday, or...

I've been using the Gems that I found at our local indoor flea market. Quite enjoyable shavers, they are. I truly didn't know what to expect when I got them, or if I'd enjoy shaving with them. Turns out, they're lovely to use, and the CVS CS blades are great. Smooth, sharp, effective. The razors are light, and it's easy to find the angle. Even the brass Ever-Ready, which is missing a blade stop, works perfectly fine.

Still plugging away at the VDH soap, which finally formed a hole in the middle today. Not much longer now. The Simpson Commodore X3, named "Ol' Shedder" continues to do its "shedding thing" off and on.

Shaves have been great. No drama.

Enjoy your day, and your shaves, fellas!

6. RyX

RyX DoH!

July Focus Shift

Barbasol Arctic Chill
    Caswell Massey badger
    Suribachi, cool water
    Schick Type M on 8
    Schick Chick blade
    Barbasol Pacific Rush AS

SOTD 07182018.gif
    As noted by Randy @BaylorGator I've not been posting much of late. Shaving less than every other day, too. Several undocumented shaves have happened on an uncharacteristic three or four day beard. Since adding four folks to my household I've been much less semi-retired. Who knew (or remembered) having a pair of 7 year old twin granddaughters, an almost 3 year old grandson, and your adult daughter take up residency would so fill every hour of the day? Having spent yesterday trying to get my father's riding mower back in service, and tweaking a disc and/or muscles in my lower back, today is a lay about day. I got up earlier than the rest of my crew, had an enjoyable quiet cup of coffee and a pipe on the front porch while watching a hawk get harassed by several smaller birds. Then I chose to sneak in a shave before the little ones got their day going. With my slightly crouched posture I didn't feel like working up a lather from a puck. Instead I dispensed a moderately excessive amount of Barbasol into my bowl. Using my little travel size badger I punched down the foam, added a little water to increase the density, and set the Adjustable to Max. Took three passes - WTG, ATG, and XTG but no buffing or special clean up passes. DFS above my jawline, SAS on the places I'd normally fuss over. One little nick at the cleft of my chin below my lower lip, it stopped leaking on cool water rinse. Since this is Shave School Territory getting a little blood on steel is par for the course. A cool splash of AS kept the menthol going. I'm looking forward to getting back to work in a day or three when my back feels better. Remember when you were young, got injured, and wondered how long it would take to heal? I'm keeping that state of mind rather than wondering if I'll heal. Too many mouths to feed to quit now.
    Good Shaves Y'all!

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

The kids are going to remember the time they stayed at grandpa's house. Hopefully your back heals quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Thank you, Clint!

Drygulch, PLAla, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. Norcalnewb

Great picture, Joseph!

10. Norcalnewb

Beautiful razor, Andrew!

Drygulch, FaceScraper, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  11. Norcalnewb

Thank you, Andrew! I'll have do a side by side comparison. I will say my favorite two of these are the Ranger Tech and Red Tip.

Drygulch, FaceScraper, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  12. Norcalnewb

Beautiful picture, Clint!

13. Linuxguile

Keep on keepin on, Bruce!
    Glad you had a nice shave Rick and hope you feel better soon. Now that I have become a fan of menthol I wish I had kept my bottle of Pacific Rush.
    Thank you, Jim!

14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Safe travels home, Brian. It will be nice to regain some balance in your life.
    1.jpg

15. wristwatchb

1.jpg

16. wristwatchb

1.jpg

17. wristwatchb

Andrew, I'm glad to help. Please let me know if you need anything else. ;)
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

18. wristwatchb

Congrats on your fantastic SE shave, Andrew. Beautiful set up and photo!

19. wristwatchb

I wore the Jeeves of Hudson Street Blood on Steel aftershave yesterday, and my Bride really liked it. She dislikes most of my aftershaves, so this was a welcome change. It has a nice, light scent that hangs around for an hour of so. Pretty classy stuff.

20. Linuxguile

Thank you, Charlie!
    My Blood on Steel set is out for delivery! I cant wait to give it a sniff!