The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

It was a Tuscany day at the Max Headroom household.
    Pleasant scent.

2. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Iced Pineapple for me this morning. How refreshing for a nice summer day. I think I'm getting used to the menthol as it didn't feel as cold as when I first used it. Next year maybe I'll make the jump to one of the Glacials.

3. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I froze like there was no tomorrow with the Glacial Black Cherry. The scent was ever present while I was lathering up and shaving.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That one must be akin to those Razorock Italian soap scents. Am I right?

5. Paul Turner

John I just got the regular Sandpiper on a PIF. (the aftershave). We'll see if the Sandpiper soap gets chosen as a 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards nomination. :).

6. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I used my Iced Pineapple sample again today. Really nice refreshing scent but still very little cold feeling. Same great Stirling performance though. I don't know if I just got a dud or if I need to move up to a glacial. A little nervous but the Tuxedo sounds interesting.

7. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

You might need to dig a little deeper in the sample, or maybe the thinly sliced sample bleeds off the menthol through the wrapper as compared to a sealed tub. Just wild speculation on my part.

The Menthol soaps don’t have nearly the punch that Glacials do however (except for frozen Tundra), but you can help the soap with a colder water shave rather than the traditional warm water approach. Then you’re not forcing the soap to overpower the warmth of the water. It’s worth a try IMO.

8. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. I will give both a shot. It's funny, I was wondering about the same thing with the wrapper and soap scent bleedoff.

9. Paul Turner

I still have a lot of the Glacial Wintergreen to go, but I've begun to think that as great as it is as a summertime soap, it's become rather "boring", too. I'll keep going with it for a while longer, but it really doesn't have much of a fragrance to it-or should I say, one that is "appealing". When the humidity ends here(for this summer), I do think I'll have a decision to make. I'm beginning to peak at other Glacials, but certainly Wintergreen does its job as a face-comforter in these humid months. I'd prefer one that has a decent to attractive fragrance, though.

10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I could answer that. When I looked, Razorock had like 20 soaps they called Italian. Tuscany has a lasting scent that reminds me a little of Clubman. Starts off sweeter, maybe fruity. Sometimes it's a little hard to remember when I'm on the next Glorious Stank, which today is Sharp Dressed Man....... Zz Top!

john zeiger, Frijolero and Yehuda D like this.
  11. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

I’ve used Iced Pineapple for two weeks now, and I’m wondering if a sort of tolerance grows to menthol. It was incredibly cold to start, but now seems mildly cool, and has since about my third shave. Maybe that’s the cause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. gott654

gott654 Well-Known Member

Eskimo Tuxedo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Paul Turner

Yes, that one would be a top one to consider, thanks.

14. Latherin’ Luddite

Tonight’s shave was Iced Coffee. I’ve been drinking iced coffee, so it made sense. I’d been saving it for the summer heat, but it’s warm scent made me pack it away again until fall.

It probably wouldn’t be bad during the summer if I didn’t have so many “better” summer scents to enjoy.

15. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

Glacial lemon chill!!!!!

16. theFAT98

Same thing happened to me so I moved to the glacial soaps.

17. Latherin’ Luddite

Glacial MITA and Lemony Orange are my top two Glacials. Lemon Chill has slipped to a distant third, and that’s saying something!

18. theFAT98

I have regular MITA, glacial lemon chill. And glacial lemony orange.

For me I like.

Lemon chill
    Lemony orange
    MITA

But who cares. They are all amazing.

john zeiger, Yehuda D, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  19. Latherin’ Luddite

20. theFAT98

Stirling glacial are amazing.