The Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Aug 3, 2017.

1. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Retail Cutlers Association.

"The darn thing's got wings!"
    [​IMG]

2. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

Oh NO! someone help me Please!!!! just bought 2 more straights and a Shavette.
    W&B Celebrated.jpg
    Wade & Butcher Celebrated

Billyfergie, Keithmax, RezDog and 6 others like this.
  3. BearCWY

Ok, Ok, here are the others.
    Zaliel Works.jpg Zaliel Works2.jpg Zaliel Works3.jpg Holy Black.jpg W&B Celebrated2.jpg W&B Celebrated3.jpg
    The scales on the Zaliel are new snake wood scales, said the originals were beyond saving. Don't know much about the Zaliel but curiously it is marked both Sheffield and Solingen
    Anyone know anything about it?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  4. BearCWY

well I guess I need professional help now.....anyone...please.... Just bought 1 last razor another Wade & Butcher wedge...I told you I need help! ROFL
    W&B2razor.jpg W&B2razor3.jpg W&B2razor2.jpg

5. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

For someone in need, I would usually offer to help out, but honestly, you seem to be doing okay all by yourself!
    :cool:

6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Wrong place to be. We are enablers, not known for restraint. :D
    The one advise I have, is stay clear of old blades, that are over polished. I've run into a few that have been over polished, and in the process, heated, to the point of losing their temper. They wouldn't hold an edge well.

7. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

welcome to the dark side.

8. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

The only help you will find here is how to shop for more. We’re enablers so keep up the nice finds.

9. BearCWY

Thanks everyone!
    :cool:

Billyfergie and Keithmax like this.
  10. DaltonGang

Geneva Cutlery Co.. Geneva NY.

This one looks almost chrome plated.

P7180346.JPG

11. DaltonGang

Shumate Ben-Hur. St.Louis MO.

This one looks cool, in the light. The scales shine like a Tigers Eye Stone.

P7180349.JPG

12. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

That is mighty cool, i’m a sucker for anything made In St. Louis! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. BearCWY

Well it's a sad day for me, I sold my Greaves. :( My friend wanted it more than me and paid me twice what I gave for it! Hopefully down the road I can find another one just as nice.:) So I took the money and got some stuff to get me started in honing, or at least learning how to hone.

14. Heljestrand23

This was a great move, you’ll enjoy it better than a lone Greaves. Though a beautiful storied Greaves is a thing of beauty..... I myself sold a W&B FBU and a Dubl Duck Satin Edge to start my honing adventure, I’ve never looked back! Best wishes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. BearCWY

Thanks, I hope it was worth it. I loved that Greaves but my friend loved it more and paid me $200 for it. I even had the original box for it.

16. Heljestrand23

Sounds like you both made out well in that deal! Let’s see a photo of this beloved Greaves, which was loved and lost in the pursuit of personal growth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. BearCWY

Greaves.jpg
    I may get it back someday......

18. BearCWY

I've got to ban myself from eBay! I've bought .... let me see...1...2...3...4........5 more razors, oops! 3 Union Razor Co. razors, A Blue Seal, and a Griffon. The Griffon and one of the Unions are to use, the other razors are to practice honing on.

19. BearCWY

These are the ones I'm going to be using:
    Griffon.jpg Union1.jpg

20. BearCWY

And these are to work on my honing skills with:
    Blue Seal.jpg Union2.jpg Union3.jpg