SOS: July 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Boojum1, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burak Kucukler

Burak Kucukler Well-Known Member

2. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Today
    Hot water wash
    T-400 / silvertip badger
    Mike's Natural Soaps Beta Bulgarian Rose
    Gillette Tech (d1)/ Ikon tuckaway handle
    Persona lab (5)
    Crusella&Co Rosa 1800 (iced)
    Top notch performance with some beta products. Nothing beta about my newest brush, the T-400 rivals any I've used or had. The Mike's beta has the performance of his other products, even if the scent is a bit dull. It made very nice lather and in abundance to boot. The Gillette head did a marvelous job, like 4WD for your face. The tech can maneuver over facial features at top speed removing absolutely all whiskers, but leaving tremendous comfort in it's wake. Coupled with the Ikon tuckaway handle, FA-GIT-ABOUD-IT, this combo makes a great little razor. Finished with iced Rosa, atomized to get it where you want it. I left this morning smooth and comfy, feeling like a million bucks.
    Hope y'all did as well, or better. 20180719_161741_resized.jpg

3. Sammy Larkin

Sammy Larkin Well-Known Member

SDC12762.JPG

Pre-shave: Black Walnut Oil
    Razor: GEM Open Comb Micromatic
    Blade: Vintage New Yorker "The Big Town Blade"
    Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Switchback Top Cap loaded with Maggard 26mm Black & White Synthetic
    Soap: C.O. Bigelow Premium Shave Cream
    Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by Skin Bracer Original

-- Sammy

4. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

5. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Puma #90 High Class
    Simpson LE P8
    Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender Shave Cream
    Pinaud Clubman

F981CF46-E24C-42DE-8456-B684EBE5C849-19666-0000080A9B928B76.jpeg

6. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Scents are very YMMV so you shouldn't worry about offending anyone, on the contrary you opinions are valuable and others could get an idea of what to expect from a certain scent.

7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

July 19

G3 Gillette Fatboy
    Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
    30 Day Crew LE figured maple handle with 24 mm APShaveCo Tuxedo knot
    Le Père Lucien - unscented
    Thayers Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, and Trumper Coral Skin Food

[​IMG]

8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Excellent report David.

9. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

July 19th
    Gillette NEW SC w Wizamet
    Semogue Boar
    Yahk Soap Co Creamy Coconut
    Thayers
    CL Bon Vivant
    754B58EC-1096-4C2B-95CF-2ECA833D1E68.jpeg

10. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

YESTERDAY'S SHAVE
    20180718_113658.jpg

Prep: Musgo Real Classic
    Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
    Blade: Gillette Black
    Brush: Razorock BC Plissoft
    Soap: T&S Rainforest

Super smooth shave yesterday morning. Rainforest is my favorite of the old Tallow & Steel scents, it is a exotic citrus that is very similar to Classic so they pair beautifully together. The older aftershave formula does not have alcohol and feels nice and soothing, although the newer stuff comes in a better bottle IMO. The GF commented on the scent hours later which is always a plus. Hope everyone is doing well and getting great shaves!

SHAVE OF THE DAY
    20180719_175740.jpg

Prep: shower with Adumere Sandalwood bath soap. Pre shave soap mix
    Deodorant: Schmitts Bergamot Lime

razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
    Blade: Gillette Black
    Brush: Yaqi 26mm synthetic
    Soap: Perfectly Natural- Hop 2 it

Nce refreshing shave this evening. Have been using this Schmitts deodorant since my tub of Razorock Citrus deodorant ran out. Picked this stuff up at Fresh Tyme, have been using it for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. The application is a bit strange at first but it's no big deal once you get used to it.

As for the shave, went with Perfectly Natural Hop 2 it. This is the older formula and from lathering the puck the consistency is glue like (similar to L&L or B&M Reserve) and performance is pretty darn good. The new formula lathers quicker but am still intrigued by the older stuff for some reason. Managed to get a decent shave and finished off with Admiralty balm.

11. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

That bowl is back. Love that thing. Looks like you stole it out of an art gallery at a museum. LOL

12. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

an Ebay find. Believe I paid $11 for it. I too think it is a mighty fine looking bowl.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Treet Starline
    Dorco blade
    Barbasol foam

Loaded the blade and everything look to line up okay. It shaved my lower neck very closely but can bite, it nicked me in a few spots because I wasn't letting the weight of the head do the cutting. Next time I will know. Not the best but not a bad razor.

Tobaco cologne for aftershave.

14. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

:thanks:

15. Smooth Steve

That's a beauty Clint.
    Steve

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  16. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

July 2018

July 19

Razor - 1960 (F4) Gillette Toggle (9)
    Blade - [​IMG] (1)
    Soap - Blood on Steel 30DC LE
    Brush - 30DC LE
    Post - Alum, Blood on Steel AS

Head shave earlier in the afternoon and I decided the gear had been hidden long enough. I included the Merkur 23c, Arko and the VDH Boar brush in the picture for the day. Besides, having two setups in the picture let me get a wider angle of the screen from @Keithmax . It just classes up Cartel HQ in a way nothing else has. Not even the pictures of Natalia we have on the wall have helped. Shocking, I know.

For the main event I want to stay aggressive but relive the meetup a bit so the setup reflects that. The soap and aftershave - Blood on Steel of course. And - the 30DC LE brush because never shall these two be separated. They were made for each other.

For the razor - yeah, some of you probably wondered how long I'd have a Toggle in the house before breaking it out. Well, it's an adjustable, it has a "setting Neal" on it and I have one last Kai blade at the moment so it's time. The Toggle is a loaner from @Drygulch who graciously allowed me to hang onto it for awhile after he dazzled me with it at breakfast.

The Blood on Steel soap, like other Jeeves soaps, lathered perfectly and provided a slick and very cushy lather. This scent is quite unique and subtle yet obvious. My wife likes it as well so I threw on a quick splash of the aftershave at the end. It's a bit stronger (and I was a tad heavy handed probably) but the result is a very nice BBS shave with a great skin feel and the very noticeable sent of the soap/AS combo. Two thumbs up from my wife, and two from me. We'll see how long it lasts and whether any passengers notice it later when I go out.

It's great to see so many people buying up the Blood on Steel set and so far I've seen nothing but praise. Yep. A home run for sure!

[​IMG]

17. Smooth Steve

I like Skully. Very cool Jamie.
    Steve

TestDepth, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  18. Smooth Steve

:happy088:

Douglas Carey, Boru62 and clint64 like this.
  19. Smooth Steve

07/20/18 Shave of the Day
    Face Wash with Daisygirl Soaps - Citrus Spice Goats Milk Soap
    Crown King Alt-Eleven Shampoo & Conditioner Bar- w/ Prickly Pear, Neem Honey & Yucca Root
    Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
    The Holy Black Gunpowder & Spice Artisan Line Shaving Soap
    RazoRock Rosso Corsa F-400 XXL 34MM Noir Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
    Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
    Ever Ready 1912 Razor
    Personna GEM SE Super Stainless Steel Blade - 10th Shave
    Homemade Lime Infused Witch Hazel
    Crown King Captain Smythe's Reserve Oak Barrel Aged Bay Rum & Leather Aftershave/Cologne
    NIVEA Men Maximum Hydration Moisturizing Post Shave Balm
    The Sudsy Soapery 100% Natural Rain Deodorant​

D IMG_0277.jpg

20. Noire

Noire Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

RigaRazor
    Bottega Veneta ST
    L&L Trismegistus
    Clarins AS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.