The Haul: August 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2018.

1. brit

brit in a box

i have the 24 mm version, nice brush..

Frijolero likes this.
  2. KimNB

KimNB Active Member

Got this K4 Slim Adjustable off Etsy about a week ago. Was a little disappointed as the handle was very dull with white deposits and there wasn't much shine anywhere. It is hard to assess the plating condition in pictures and I was expecting to have to look for a better one. I finally got a chance to pop it into the ultrasonic and boy what a difference. It shined up very nicely. For the age and price the plating is in pretty good shape with mild wear on the doors and a couple small spots on the handle. Everything seems in working order so now for a blade. Not sure the pictures do it justice, I am not great at taking pictures of shiny things.

slim2.jpg slim5.jpg slim3.jpg slim6.jpg

3. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

They arrived today with fresh hones from @gssixgun.:happy093:
    Dubl Duck and Fritz Bracht DOVO.jpeg

It didn’t take long to put them into action. :happy036:
    Dubl Duck Wonderedge 5:8 Fritz Bracht DOVO 25 6:8 AOS CF SR TRWH.jpg

Happy shaving - Karl

BigMark83, Keithmax, preidy and 19 others like this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This just arrived today. RazoRock Black Hawk. It uses the Feather Professional blade. It measured 39g on my scale. Looking forward to getting to use it tomorrow.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

BigMark83, Keithmax, preidy and 20 others like this.
  5. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Terrific! I used my Black Hawk this morning. Great razor! There are some other blades - Kai and Schick Proline come to mind, and of course Feather. Enjoy!

BigMark83, AGHisBBS, Enrico and 5 others like this.
  6. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Let us know how it compares to the "Goose"

7. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

It’s here! A quick one week turnaround from London - wonderful :bounce017:

Kendal & Dent 11:16 AOS MNSHL SM AOS.jpeg

Happy shaving - Karl

BigMark83, Keithmax, preidy and 14 others like this.
  8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Will do.

BigMark83 likes this.
  9. Vlasta

Vlasta Well-Known Member

Supporting Vendor
    Paislays Lavender Soap Container - You know how it goes... you search for a year for a vintage soap container and then two come at once... not in bad condition either. One better than the other but both will scrub up nicely. One even has a bit of soap inside - should I try it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Keithmax, preidy, brit and 17 others like this.
  10. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

A Portland Razor Company Hydra along with an SRD strop!
    [​IMG]

11. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
  12. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Firstly, a nice MMOC courtesy of one my friend Andrew’s @Linuxguile PIFs. Very much appreciated, and right on time for SE September!
    AC4182B1-9713-4682-964A-DBF51A184E62.jpeg

As well, whipped across the border and picked up my 30DC ‘Blood on Steel’ LE. This will get used tomorrow, no doubt!
    7B83B5A4-C421-41BD-A42A-81C479061004.jpeg

Keithmax, preidy, Herm2502 and 15 others like this.
  13. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

A couple of recent hauls:

First, from Italian Barber. A soap and splash set of Blue Barbershop and a splash bottle of American Barber.
    IMG_2641.JPG

Second, a few items from Country Club for Men. The owner, Kevin, announced recently he was closing out his current stock and their products were going to change styles. The new direction hasn't been communicated from him yet, but he's excited about the change. I contacted him and all he had left was a bottle of Modern Fougere splash and three samples of Sweet Water splash, so we made a deal. They smell great. I had some Sweet Water a while back but had not smelled Modern Fougere. Really nice.
    IMG_2642.JPG

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I hope you will love the Country Club Shampoo as much as I do. The Lime Sec. A.S. is a possibility for next summer. Osage might be as well.

AGHisBBS, RyX, SHAVEWIZARD420 and 2 others like this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Today i hauled a new soap and aftershave NYML_5ozSoapLabel__66434.1497264450.500.750.png I tried a while back a soap i really liked. It was Tampa Shave Company Mango Lime . The scent was amazing and the lather exceptional. Investigation revealed that the magnificent soap was linked to a company called K Worx. I had determined to try some more of their products hoping mango lime wasn't a fluke.
    Well I'm here to tell you, K Worx soaps have a creaminess, a certain richness, and slickness i find second to none.
    The scent I chose (and the choice was difficult), was a collaboration with Hazlets Apothecary called NYML not your mother's Lavender . I've been lovin' me some lavender of late. A different take on a loved favorite seemed a good choice. Boy howdy was it ever. Amazing aroma, to me its a lavendery, lemony, sweet bright clean soapy smell. I'm very happy with the scent.

16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Nice Haul! Country Club For Men make great soaps & aftershaves. Curious to see what he comes up with next. Really like the scent of Southern Oud and would love to see it released in the new yoguart goats milk base.

17. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

I don’t think I’ve seen a thread where everyone can show off their daily haul. Apologies if this thread duplicates an older thread. I personally really enjoy seeing everyone’s new shaving gear, whether it be Straights, Safety Razors, mugs, brushes,soaps, aftershaves or other shaving related relics. So, what shave related items have you picked up recently online or in the wild?

I’ll kick this thread off with:
    Vintage Surrey Shaving Set(online)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Wade & Butcher 9/8 Full hollow(maybe a regrind) and a blade etched with the ocean liner SS St. Louis (online)
    [​IMG]
    Vintage bottles(wild finds)
    [​IMG]
    Now, what have you received in the mail or captured in the wild?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

preidy, brit, Herm2502 and 16 others like this.
  18. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

RaZorBurn123, RyX, TestDepth and 3 others like this.
  19. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Those glass bottles are cool, especially the lilac Veg one.

RyX, TestDepth, jimjo1031 and 2 others like this.
  20. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

The Drake came back today from JR (Reyes Restores) today. A beautiful restoration and I think I'm a fan of Shavemac knots!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the original owners mark... :)
    [​IMG]

Keithmax, preidy, brit and 13 others like this.