Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Hi! Welcome back to our smoking lounge! I am Chris. Thanks for joining us again!

Billr likes this.
  2. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe the first bowl had some taste left over from cleaning? This is an estate pipe

Bama Samurai, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  3. Bama Samurai

Got it. VA like Orlik is good at removing ghosts.

BamaT, Tdmsu and RyX like this.
  4. RyX

RyX DoH!

While I wasn't paying attention, I passed up my 2nd anniversary in this conversation. Celebrated with a first taste of Hearth & Home Anniversary Kake in a barely broken in Thomas Cristiano pipe. Salute!
    POTD 08092018 H&H Anniversery Kake Thomas Cristiano.gif Ahh, a VaPer with interesting tones. The sweetness of a Virginia I enjoy, almost to a toasted marshmallow. Fruity & spicy from just enough Perique. Thanks to the Enablers for mentioning this one often. Props to my Mod-in-Arms for the classy matching pipe!

BamaT, Bama Samurai, Tdmsu and 3 others like this.
  5. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

6. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

I’ve been smoking my pipes almost every evening, I just keep forgetting to post. Haha. Anyways, tonight I enjoyed a bowl of VaPer in a Medico pipe, while hiking with the dog. I reach for this pipe often, it aways smokes nice and cool. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaT, AGHisBBS, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  7. RyX

RyX DoH!

Nice, I like the texture.

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

Tdmsu and Brickman301 like this.
  8. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've experimented blending PS Natural Dutch Cavendish with other more potent types. It satisfies quite well straight up, here in the Old-Vic this evening before supper.
    Enjoying Erinmore in the Kaywoodie Churchwarden right now. [​IMG]

Tapatalk Via Kyocera

9. Brickman301

Thanks. I think that’s another reason I reach for it so often as well. My wife actually even likes the look of this pipe. She says some of my pipes make me look silly. She Especially dislikes my cobs. she says they make me look like a hillbilly. She just doesn’t understand how good a cob pipe smokes, lol.

Tdmsu, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  10. Brickman301

Wow, talk about nice texture! Beautiful pipe.

Tdmsu, AGHisBBS and RyX like this.
  11. RyX

RyX DoH!

I started with a $2.49 cob pipe from a local shop. Passed it to a friend who showed some interest. The only down side I saw to a cheap knock around cob was that it got moist in the bottom. It didn't have a wooden bottom plug - all cob. I ought to upgrade and order a nice Missouri Meerschaum.

Thank you! Picked that one up in an antique shop in Georgia. Haven't been able to put a date on it, or even seen a photo of another just like it. Reminds me of the texture of ostrich skin used for cowboy boots. The bowl is somewhat narrow but deep. Very light weight and easy to clench. It's a great driving pipe.

Tdmsu, AGHisBBS and Brickman301 like this.
  12. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

7c1e9fc3-5c45-4056-a419-ecc75e161ca5.jpg
    A nice bowl of Edward G. Robinson in my Morgan Bones Fat Author.

BamaT, Bama Samurai, RyX and 2 others like this.
  13. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

22856627-9db7-4212-b1bf-05ef4c5fc0b5.jpg
    Old Toby in my Morgan One Anse on the way to work this morning. Perfect size for my commute

14. Bama Samurai

I'm one of those people who have never had this great Cob experience people speak of...

BamaT, Tdmsu and AGHisBBS like this.
  15. RyX

RyX DoH!

The local cosmic forces aligned today. Daughter had a day off from both her part time jobs, and the weather was right for me to get some outside work done. While taking a moment down off the 10 step ladder caulking and priming fascia and soffit I enjoyed a bit of PS Luxury Bulls Eye in a bent egg Stanwell Army Mount.
    POTD 08232018 AM.gif

Later this evening after supper I fired up the Kaywoodie Magnum.
    POTD 08232018 PM.gif

16. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

I feel the same about cobs. Not for me

AGHisBBS, BamaT and Bama Samurai like this.
  17. RyX

RyX DoH!

I've owned two. They were more or less stapled to a cardboard display. Had to be careful getting them loose to avoid damage. Not plastered but the rough cob surface intact. Wooden stems with plastic mouth pieces for $2.49 each. They aren't glamorous, bordering on stereotypically banjo music style. I've passed them on to others with a goodly pinch of bulk baccy to friends. Never had one burn through. To the contrary - they got soggy bottoms. They weren't as nice as these.

AGHisBBS and Tdmsu like this.
  18. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Nice Poker!

AGHisBBS, RyX and Tdmsu like this.
  19. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Very nice pic.
    I should take more time to get some nice photos.

20. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

While I have several, including a very nice limited production natural finish Corn Cob Snob Freehand, I just prefer briar, and the one Morta I have. In fact, smoking Ye Old Sign in the Morta right now. Sorry, no pic.