Catch of the day

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Brickman301, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Brickman301

Brickman301 Well-Known Member

I know there are a few fishermen on here. Let’s make this the place to show what you’ve caught. I’ll start with pictures of what my wife son and I caught today. We were fishing on the Chesapeke right were it meets the ocean, in Ocean City Maryland. Yesterday, the water was too rough to go out, and we had a lot of storms move though. We only went out for 2hours this afternoon. We caught a few flounder, that were to small, but caught these two keepers. They have to be 16 1/2” long to keep. Both of our keepers were over 20”. We had a great time.

So let’s see your “catch of the day”[​IMG][​IMG]

2. Brickman301

Oh yeah, tomorrow check out the “what’s for dinner” thread. I’m Going to eat good tomorrow evening, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm not a fisherman, but my son Phil caught this one on the Amazon River in 2003. It's a peacock bass.

philbass.jpg

BigMark83, Tonybrooklyn, brit and 9 others like this.
  4. Brickman301

Awesome. That’s a fish of a lifetime

5. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

6. Brickman301

NICE! That’s the best 1st. fish I ever saw! From the picture it looks like a hammerhead shark?
    I’m guessing my 1st fish was a bluegill. I don’t really remember, I’ve been fishing since I could walk, lol.

7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Brickman301 likes this.
  8. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I thought hammerhead too, but the fishing guide said it is a bonnet head. Too small to keep, had to let it go.

Brickman301 likes this.
  9. Brickman301

after looking at your picture again, you are correct it is a bonnet head. Nice catch! About being to small to keep, I only keep what I catch while fishing on the Chesapeke Bay. I fish a lot of freshwater and hardly ever keep anything I catch.

10. Brickman301

I basically had no service the last few days I was on vacation, so I couldn’t post. We went out again on the boat to flounder fish on Friday evening. We had a great time and caught plenty of fish, unfortunately none of them were big enough to keep, so I didn’t take pictures.

11. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

Spent most of the day in the boat. We were fishing for crappies, but I couldn’t buy one if they had been for sale.

Caught and tossed back a ton of largemouth and bluegills. Kept a handful of the better bluegills for supper.

[​IMG]

12. Brickman301

Went fishing for white purch today on the Chesapeke bay. My father in law, wife, son, and myself. We had a great time, and caught a few. Everyone had a great time. The great thing is my father in law, and I taught my 13 year old son to fillet fish. He caught on quickly, and did a great job. I don’t know who was more proud me or his grandfather. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  13. PickledNorthern

Awesome! Nothing better than when you bring kids into it.

Brickman301 likes this.
  14. Brickman301

It’s hard to beat eating bluegills. I love them. Basically the white purch we caught today, are saltwater bluegills. And the fight that a small bluegill gives is great. If they got 10 pounds you’d never land them.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  15. Brickman301

Absolutely! I’ve included/exsposed my son to the outdoors/sportsman at a very young age. I never pushed him into enjoying it, but he definitely does. I have also taken a few of his friends fishing, always nice to see the look on their faces, when they catch their 1st fish.

PickledNorthern likes this.
  16. PickledNorthern

They are brave little bastards. I’ve caught little five inchers on 7” cranks trolling at 2.5 -3 MPH.

Love Bluegills.

Brickman301 likes this.
  17. PickledNorthern

Little guys just want to be with Dad. You put in the time, they’ll capitalize.

Brickman301 likes this.
  18. Brickman301

Went fishing for White Purch again yesterday. There were 5 of us on the boat. My FIL, wife, son, FIL’s 1st cousin, and myself. Beautiful day on the Chesapeke. The weather was perfect, and the water was nice and calm. We had one of the best fishing days we’ve had in a long time. There’s no limit on how many you catch with rod and reel. We didn’t count them, but I’d guess we kept about 50+ fish. These are smaller fish, about 6-8” long, so it takes a quite a few to feed everyone, once the entire family gets together. We are having a fish fry tonight! My mouth is already watering. The 1st picture is of the fish in the cooler. The 2nd is of all the tiny filets, from those fish. They are not the easiest/fastest fish to filet, because of there smaller size, but believe me they are worth all that work, once you taste them.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

BigMark83, Tonybrooklyn and brit like this.