The Haul: August 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Well, I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I needed a pair of sunglasses for driving ...
    euroka_brown_marble_gray_3__60854.1398869622.1280.1280.jpg
    Jonathan Paul Euroka ... I usually pick up the $2 ones at Walmart, but my wife gave me a Ebay gift card.

Paul Turner, brit, AGHisBBS and 9 others like this.
  3. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Received my Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements PHNX Injector Type L-1 Single Edge Razor today. There was an error with my original shipment and Doug & Fran corrected right away so I will breaking it in tomorrow! Great customer service.
    Steve

IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0729.jpg

brit, Boojum1, AGHisBBS and 16 others like this.
  4. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Found this Escher last weekend but did not look closely at it until today. A huge 9 x 2 stone that us showing its age. The label is just barely. Overall very dirty. I will seal the label than lap. I think this is a candidate for wild find of the year

9A1E3CEE-42A1-4B19-A076-E558F818E0EB-185-0000001F1C93FC66.jpg B824E7B8-E526-4BA4-A547-2B0112EC3AE1-185-0000001F51D3EF29.jpg B9664DCB-C196-453A-ADF6-54E4924E6F55-185-0000001F8D682DB2.jpg 9BFAE0B9-37E7-48E8-A05F-C0F2FC277A60-185-0000001FC82073B4.jpg B1C371D6-7046-4F11-B0A6-8B1CE940CFE6-185-0000001FF95CD14B.jpg

brit, gorgo2, AGHisBBS and 11 others like this.
  5. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

A couple of backup pucks of soap that I like. That's the last TOBS lime from the last vendor I can find that carries it. Definitely won't be around if/when I finish my current one. The spanish fig & nutmeg isn't gone, but seems to be heading that way.
    The plastic handle Omegas I bought to get the knots for other projects.
    IMG_20180821_211737.jpg

6. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail Call:- Package arrived today, 1967-68 Schick Krona

[​IMG]

brit, Boojum1, gorgo2 and 14 others like this.
  7. Heljestrand23

Heljestrand23 Well-Known Member

Oh, that Coti is sweet! I’ve never found one in the wild, yet..... great scores!
    Any info on the Ohio blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RyX likes this.
  8. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Just in from South Africa!

From left to right:

1x Bundubeard Rooibos SS
    1x Bundubeard Kameelsperd Kick SS
    1x Simply Bee SS
    1x Harmony Honeybush SS sample
    1x Prep ASB

IMG_20180822_093448.jpg

Boojum1, gorgo2, TestDepth and 13 others like this.
  9. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

What a great thing you have going with your friend(s) from S.A.!

Yehuda D likes this.
  10. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Thanks - they're an awesome bunch of guys!

Paul Turner and RyX like this.
  11. Timwcic

Timwcic Well-Known Member

Thank you. Coti's are out there. I find a few every year. Don't give up hunting. The QC is on the corser side, about equivalent to a Washita. They do make a nice bevel setter.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and Yehuda D like this.
  12. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

Hucklaration with a B4. I have two brushes with Declaration knots, but neither is in a Declaration handle. Still, this Huck is beautiful. DSCN2191[1].JPG

Paul Turner, theFAT98, brit and 14 others like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This came in yesterday, and I got around to cleaning them up today. Three Gillette Old Types, one is a 1918 U.S. Army. I will make wooden handles for these razors. The Schick Eversharp type H cleaned up pretty good. The cap has corrosion damage on two sides, but the razor itself is in excellent shape.

The whole story here: http://jrshaving.blogspot.com/2018/08/the-haul-82218.html
    [​IMG]

After clean up.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

theFAT98, brit, Herm2502 and 15 others like this.
  14. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Sweet!

Yehuda D likes this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

These were in the mail from yesterday, a WW II Tech and Gold Tech case. The price was worth it just for the case. I'll re-line the bottom of the case with that red material, even tho it's a bit lighter in shade, until I find something closer, but haven't had any luck on that yet.. Not doing the top as I'd like to keep the Gillette logo. And the Tech I'll get rid of as I already have two of them..........

unspecified (1).jpg

theFAT98, brit, John Beeman and 11 others like this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20180824_180441-720x1280.jpg

20180824_180323-720x1280.jpg

Found on the way home this afternoon. Didn't really need it but couldn't pass it up for the price and basically perfect condition. Anyone familiar with this brand?

theFAT98, AGHisBBS, brit and 10 others like this.
  17. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Never heard of them, but I really like the looks of it.

RyX and gorgo2 like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Might a cold water dye with a dark red shade of RIT color that felt more to your liking without shrinking?

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

It would probably work.

20. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Today I received my last package of summer. I picked up a few seasonal products that will be discontinued soon but wanted to try, along with a PAA loyalty bundle that always peeked my interest. I received:

Sancre de Draco - Soap & AS
    Freshly Baked - Soap & AS
    Rabid Banana - Soap & Star Jelly
    Fireworks Soap
    and a couple of empty soap tubs for the PAA shampoo pucks I have (Should have bought more!)​

All the scents smelled great off the pucks. I was not sure of Fireworks when ordering, but had to try it. At least from the puck it is very mild and nice - not harsh or fowl. Freshly Baked is the most robust and has a strong buttery scent that is extremely nice - almost an autumn type fragrance. Surprisingly it was a big hit with the rest of the family smelling the new products and probably the favorite of my wife and daughter. The Rabid Banana soap is a fairly strong and natural banana fragrance, while the star jelly menthol component comes out a bit over the banana when my wife applied a bit on her hand. She was very impressed with the feel and tightening on the skin. Finally the Sancre de Draco soap is one of the PAA signature fragrances that I never tried but has been on my wish list for some time. It is a bit more pricey then their standard fair, so I took advantage of the loyal program wrap up discounts to purchase the bundle. It smells great off the puck and I can see why many enjoy this fragrance. I can't wait to try them all and although this order has some quite unique items, my initial impression is that they all hit their marks and will be great additions. Even the empty shampoo puck containers are just the right size and I actually wish I purchased a few more since I like using various scented versions with different shaves and they are fairly inexpensive.
    Steve

IMG_0768.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0770.jpg

TestDepth, theFAT98, AGHisBBS and 8 others like this.