The Clubman Exchange

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by Paul Turner, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That could be. I'm on the clubmanonline mailing list, thus I just use the website. They keep sending me specials this year, but-no can do until Jan 1. 1019 :). I did purchase two of the shampoos(16 oz. Country Club) a few years ago-still on my first of them! Also the canned shaving cream, which I might do again as part of my "Pinaud Package of 2019".

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
    Ijustmissedthe50s and dmshaver like this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Love the Clubman...Wife loves the Clubman....I think the Orig. Clubman makes a great base for any AS cocktail aswell....It adds a clean powdery vibe to other AS's that my wife loves...and I'm sure you "chick magnets" can get behind...:happy088:

BTW...
    Kathleen Turner did the speaking voice of Jessica Rabbit....The singing voice was actually Speilberg's wife, Amy Irving...
    image.jpeg

And I can't help but think both voices for Jessica Rabbit would dig Pinauld's Clubman....:happy108:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
  3. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

I don’t think Jessica could resist Clubman, but she strikes me as more as going for a Halston man. :D

BTW today’s forecast calls for more miserable heat, so Citrus Musk got called off the bench.

4. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Not nearly as clovey 10 minutes after I put it on. It gets more spicy on me. Rocking VIBR as my summer scent.

5. Paul Turner

A gradual burn, eh?

Edison Carter likes this.
  6. AGHisBBS

More like it mellows out and gets spicy.

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

I'd have to sniff it first....that one and the Vedge are two Clubmen about which I have my doubts.

Edison Carter likes this.
  8. AGHisBBS

Now if you sniff it straight out of the bottle you're gonna get the full clove treatment, it's gotta be worn for a while to mellow. As for the Veg I have it and to me it reminds me of the odor of some commercial bathroom cleaners, YMMV.

Edison Carter and Enrico like this.
  9. Paul Turner

The two Bay Rum aftershaves I've had so far are Stephan and TSD(still have the TSD). With the TSD, I use Jeeves B.R. soap.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  10. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

I use the original Clubman on average three days a week. I love the smell and so does my fiancé! I also have the Country Club shampoo and it’s great as well. I would like to try the Clubman Lime Sec and musk, I am not a fan of the VIBR, and I am certainly not one of the chosen for the Veg!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I use Clubman very often at work an around the house. I've received no complaints. I'll be picking up some VIBR for my son ... he really likes clove. As well for the Veg ... it's not for me.

AGHisBBS, Edison Carter and dmshaver like this.
  12. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

Almost every single week when I shop at BiMart (a nice straightforward department chain in the NW) I swing through the AS and cologne department and give Pinaud Bay Rum a sniff. And every week I walk away glad I won’t take up precious shelf space at home.

I can’t explain how or why, but this week I liked the scent. Maybe it requires sustained 100+ degree weather? I bought a bottle and splashed some on in the parking lot (nobody was looking :rolleyes005:) and was surprised how mellow/not spicy it was. After a few days I returned to BiMart and sniffed the open bottle again. It was very spicy. SO I did what any scent obsessed goofball would do, and bought a second bottle! I mixed them today and now have two perfect bottles of Bay Rum.

I’m taking one on my camping/fishing safari tomorrow to ensure that I still smell sexy in spite of a modified hygiene regimen.

13. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:happy096:

Ijustmissedthe50s likes this.
  14. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Always thought Amy Irving had a beautiful face, but preferred her with straighter hair and not all curly permed. Makes her go from looking like the pretty girl next door to my mom. I blame it on the fact Speilburg should have been wearing more Pinaud Clubman. :happy097:

15. Paul Turner

Do you like the Neil Sedaka song "Right Next Door To An Angel"?

Ijustmissedthe50s and Enrico like this.
  16. Paul Turner

I had to laugh at a review of one of the alcoholic beverage aftershaves-Whiskey Woods. The reviewer invoked the name "Ed Pinaud". Well, of course that WAS his name, just funny to see a fancy review(I try to make mine professional-course I'm more laid-back in here!).

AGHisBBS and Ijustmissedthe50s like this.
  17. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Original Clubman is my personal favorite fragrance and I wear it year round no problem. I only just discovered the reserve fragrances, so I have a bottle of Whiskey Woods on the way to try out. Nobody says anything about them here... are they the redheaded stepchildren or what?
    Anyway, my wife has never stated a preference for any of my aftershaves, but she has commented favorably about Clubman, and my youngest daughter always says she loves its smell, which is confirmation enough for me.

18. Paul Turner

I talk about Gent's Gin a lot-the first of my alcoholic brand purchases. Whiskey Woods will be next. That's quite something your wife picks Clubman out of all the other aftershaves you use,

19. Mr. Oldschool

Mr. Oldschool Johnny Dangerously

Yeah, funny, I've used Shave Den Bay Rum, VIBR, Avon Spicy, Holy Black Whisker Whiskey, Royale Spyce, and a couple of those gel type things that don't bear mention, and it's good old original Clubman that gets complimented. Same thing with my cologne, I like La Nuit por Homme by YSL, which is somewhat pricey, and I get compliments for Florida Water... go figure!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
  20. Paul Turner

I have the Shave DenBay Rum now.. It's nice. But back to Clubman-once the weather gets consistently cooler here, I plan to go to the Stoylin/Clubman combo for openers of cool/cold weather shaving(Stoylin Barbershop soap/Clubman Original A.S.).

AGHisBBS and Edison Carter like this.