The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Stoylin does have some "cologne dupes" y'know. (duplicates)

2. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

There are many aftershaves available, and while they don’t last as long as a cologne or EDT, they smell great and don’t break the bank. That said, I’d be in line for Stirling colognes too.

3. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD August 20, 2018

Prep: Cold water and Stirling mentholated pre-shave soap
    Blade: GEM PTFE
    Razor: Superior Lather Catcher
    Brush: Stirling Kong synthetic
    Soap: Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange
    Post: Witch hazel, Stirling Glacial Lemony Orange aftershave

This was some cold goodness!

SOTD 8-20-18.JPG

4. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

A monstrous freeze from the Glacial Wintergreen trio and the Arctique. BBS in three delightful passes!

5. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

Good luck with the expansion. I tried the deodorant and like it, so I'll look forward to your new offerings.

6. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    August 21, 2018

Blackland Sabre L2
    GEM PTFE
    Paladin Strawberry Amber Chief
    CRSW Lavish Soap & Aftershave
    Stirling Soap Co. MITA Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Brooks Brothers Blue

[​IMG]

7. Latherin’ Luddite

I’ve been using my Executive Man deodorant for a full week now and I’m thoroughly impressed. It took zero adjustment time, and I’ve smelled my best in a long time.

I went five days without showering while camping in Idaho. I did a hot water and washcloth routine each night, but that would just knock off the worst of the dirt/sweat/oil. I smelled like I’d been camping for sure! Every morning I applied some new Executive Man and it worked!! My armpits were the ONLY areas that smelled civilized. I splashed on Bay Rum like a Junior High kid, and it literally disappeared within minutes.

So excluding and allergic reactions, I’m really looking forward to the seven deodorant scents that are (supposedly/hopefully) arriving on Wednesday.:cool:

8. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how long the limited scents normally last on Stirling's website? I'm doing a no-buy challenge this year, but may have to go down for the R4L set.

9. Paul Turner

I don't know the answer, but I'm doing NB this year too, and when I face a similar dilemma, I figure I'll just wait to see what "limited" scents are available NEXT year.

10. Latherin’ Luddite

I, on the other hand, pounce and hoard!

I’ve lost track of the countless times a favorite product is quietly discontinued, and I then find myself on EBay bidding at 200+% of its original value!!

I have a NIB backup for many things I use regularly. When I wear out the first one, it won’t matter that it’s been out of production for years (or has been cheapened). If I croak before getting to the backup, my son can use the stuff or make a killing on Ebay. :cool:

11. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Tomorrow's planned setup:

IMG_20180821_113205.jpg

12. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I agree with Paul. I too am on NB for 2018 to try to reduce my current inventory but I weakened (because of this thread) and bought Iced Pineapple and a few samples. "Stoylin" has so many scents available that I know that I'll find something that I haven't tried but that I'll like.

13. PLAla

14. Paul Turner

That'll be a major challenge for me, once the humidity escapes here(late Sept,,,,perhaps early Oct). Get going on my current cold-weather soaps to see if I can get rid of one by 12-31. Still a lot left of each one. But knowing me, I'll end up flippin' that logic outta the water and combine that by juming right in to the ones I received as PIF's .

15. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

I hear ya, I really don't need anymore soaps but I just ordered a bottle of the Sandpiper AS, and two shave soap samples each of Gin And Tonic On The Rocks, and Lemon Chill. I wish Rod had samples of the Lemony Orange SS. Stirling Soaps take care of your skin year round.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

16. Paul Turner

As for your comment on Stoylin soaps and year-round strength, I'm sure you're right, but you won't find me using Glacial Wintergreen on Christmas.

17. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

SOTD
    August 22, 2018

Karve E Plate with Triad Aristocrat Ti
    Polsilver Super Iridium
    El Druida Robo I Manchurian
    iColoniali Mango
    Stirling Soap Co Black Ice Witch Hazel & Aloe
    Fine Lavender
    ADP Cedro di Taormina

[​IMG]

18. chevyguy

chevyguy Well-Known Member

It would be like going face first into a snow bank. At Christmas time I usually use my Bay Rum, or Sandalwood soaps quite a bit. This year Arkadia, and Sandpiper will also be used.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

19. PLAla

Sandpiper is a GREAT scent! Really enjoyable. I like Lemon Chill a lot as well.

20. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

I don't shave out on the porch, so menthol is a year-round indulgence for me. :happy088: