The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. GADback

GADback Well-Known Member

I agree. Menthol is good every day of the year.

2. Shadow Shaver

Shadow Shaver Well-Known Member

I'm new to the menthol game, but glacials are very nice, and the effects don't seem to last too long. I'm pretty sure that I will continue to use them throughout the winter. What have you guys done to me? :Animatedfrozensmily:

3. https://imgur.com/a/69N2FCf
    My shave cabinet right now. I have a bunch of Stirling samples not included. It will be nice to add the Stirling LE Responders set to this. Im starting to run out of room haha

4. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I don't shave on the porch either but I do live in northern Michigan and the winter cold is enough for me. I save my menthol for the warmer months:)

5. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Yesterday was Red Eye. I do enjoy the Polo scents and Red Intense is no exception. I do find it also pairs well with Polo Red, which was chosen for the cologne today. Glad I have a puck's worth. I will enjoy this one in my collection.

Today was City Slicker. Also a nice cologne type scent. As Rod and Amanda state this masculine blend of amber, patchouli, oakmoss, sandalwood, grapefruit, and bergamot make us want to round up the cattle. I really enjoy it.

One thing I love about Stirling, it is really easy to buy soaps - highly available, excellent lather in all aspects and it is nearly impossible to find a scent I do not like.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, friends, the time is approaching....13 days to go before we find out Nomination #3 for the 2019 Stoylin Tony Awards. Just to refresh-#1 was Gentleman(both aftershave and soap), #2 was Naked&Smooth soap and Sharp Dressed Man aftershave.

7. Shadow Shaver

I look forward to your announcement. So many choices, which one will it be?

8. Paul Turner

The choices are getting tougher, I must admit.

9. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

And I'm sure it keeps getting tougher because ezlovan keeps coming up with new great scents. You the man though Paul. I'm sure you are up to it. Can't wait.

10. Paul Turner

I agree, the Doc could be a factor in the last two choices, as well as the winner.

11. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

My Stirling order arrived yesterday so I’m smelling exceptionally awesome today at work with matching Piacenza AS and deodorant. :cool:

Tomorrow will probably be the same tactic with Sandpiper.

12. Fly2High

Fly2High Breaking Frugal

Stirling Green came up in the rotation today. It was a bittersweet day. It is my last Stirling soap for a rather long while (91 scents all together [32 of which are Stirling]). It was a great way to end the run though.

ezlovan, PLAla, Edison Carter and 4 others like this.
  13. Latherin’ Luddite

MITA called my name tonight, so I obliged, and followed it with the matching Witch hazel & Aloe. So tomorrow morning it will be MITA deodorant and AS.

ezlovan, Edison Carter, PLAla and 2 others like this.
  14. Shadow Shaver

Do you have Glacial MITA as well? I was just wondering which one everyone liked more?

ezlovan, Edison Carter and Frijolero like this.
  15. Latherin’ Luddite

Attention Doc Lovan

So after a full 12hr day wearing my new Piacenza, I noticed that it kinda pooped out at around the seven hour mark (I'm an ideal scenario body), whereas the Executive Man sample I was given is able to keep me presentable all day. My sample is labeled #4, and I'm wondering it it's a more potent formula that you were experimenting with. It's a much darker color than the collection of sticks that arrived yesterday.

They all smell awesome, so they won't go unused. I'm just thinking that I might be a candidate for the future more potent versions you mentioned in an earlier post.

16. Latherin’ Luddite

Yes, I've got Glacial MITA, but for whatever reason seem to use regular MITA more often. I have several other Glacials, so I guess they're covering the bases enough for the face freeze days.

I enjoy a good face freeze, but not daily. And I've learned that I need to concentrate a little when using Glacial or I end up with a less smooth shave. Regular menthol/chill is mild enough for a great cool shave and post shave feel, but I can fully relax and zone out while shaving without getting too aggressive.

17. Shadow Shaver

I'm definitely looking forward to trying out the anti-persperants. I'm hopeful that I won't get the same irritation.

18. Paul Turner

3 Meeters....I am impressed.

19. Latherin’ Luddite

FOUR!:bounce015:

20. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Have been using my samples of Island Man EDT and Baker Street that Stirling were passing out at the Maggard Meet up.

Have to say they are quite nice and have pretty good longevity. Got several compliments from various people, so thats always a good sign IMO.