RAW SHAVING RS10 RAZOR

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by rawfox1, Aug 10, 2018.

1. rawfox1

rawfox1 Well-Known Member

REVIEW RAW SHAVING RS10 RAZOR
    I just did my first shave with this razor and I had both plates, mild and more aggressive. I own practically every high-end razor there is and it is as good as any razor on the market today. I used my favorite blade the Persona tungsten 74 and I got an incredible shave. I usually like a smooth and very efficient razor and usually mild razors do not do this. The aggressive plate was smooth and extremely efficient and the mild plate was smoother and almost as efficient. Also even if a person loves a mild razor they can use both plates without a problem. As far as presentation and packaging goes it is probably in my opinion the best on the market. If you are looking for a wonderful razor with options and have the money for it I definitely recommend you purchasing this one. Also Avi, the founder and designer of this razor is wonderful to do business with and extremely accommodating.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Jorvaljr, brit, jeraldgordon and 2 others like this.
  2. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

$325.00 for a blade holder?

Why?

3. rawfox1

I didn't buy the razor stand but everything he does is like a work of art quality and great materials

Keithmax likes this.
  4. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

Please, don't go there. You know that's a taboo term.

Or maybe I'll just get the popcorn, I already have a beer :D.

5. RyX

RyX DoH!

Photos? I enjoy living vicariously by way of big glossy pictures. Links to the makers website are good, too.

brit likes this.
  6. rawfox1

I'll post some pictures as well

RyX likes this.
  7. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Nice kit and nice presentation. Hopefully a discount code or “special promo” deal can be offered down the road from RAW SHAVING. As it stands, the price of entry is a little too steep for me. Enjoy.... :)

RyX and rawfox1 like this.
  8. I have 5 shaves in with the RS10, and I have used the A (mid aggressive plate) for 3 Shaves and the milder plate for 2. I usually prefer a more efficient razor ie Timeless .95, Charcoal Goods Level 2 or 3, Karve F plate and have never had a good shave with a Feather DE blade as I usually find it harsh. I used a Feather at the owners recommendation in the mild base and it was extremely smooth and I was able to get a 3 pass BBS. There was very little blade feel and the razor was easy to maneuver. I then used an Astra SP, Feather and finally a Kai in the A plate. The Astra was very smooth but after my normal 3 pass I still needed to do some touch ups. The Feather was just as smooth and gave me a 2 pass BBS needing only to touch up my difficult spot on each side of my Adam’s apple. Tonight I used the Kai blade and with one pass, using my friend Franks SSSTT ATG and a touch up around my Adam’s apple I was BBS. I am a daily shaver Sun thru Thursday night and I shaved 5 consecutive days with this razor without any irritation. This is an expensive razor but the results are very impressive. I would put this razor right near the top of all my razors and it is the only one, of the ones I own, that I can use a Feather blade in comfortably.

Jorvaljr, RyX and Str8on2 like this.
  9. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Very nice report there sir. That certainly is some high praise there especially compared to a Timeless .95, Charcoal Goods L2 or L3 and a Karve F. No slouches in either of those.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

The high prices for DE razors has reached the silly level, this razor will not shave any better than my $50 RazoRock Game Changer.
    I see this being strictly SOTD eye candy, if one needs to buy "lube strips" why not stay with a cartridge?
    I hope that a newbie doesn't stubble upon this overpriced razor and think it's need to achieve a good shave.
    :shaver

11. rawfox1

This discussion has been made over and over again. It's the same thing as far as buying Mercedes or Honda both will get the job done but there is certainly is a difference. If you want something that's beautiful and a better quality and you enjoy it then spend the money if you are just practical and don't want to spend the money and still get a good shave then you have a choice

12. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

There is not that much difference in razors. You can not compare them to cars. There is nothing about $325 shiney thingie that is better then say a 1908 single ring or a early model Lather Catcher. These things are well over a hundred years old and still going strong. People buy these high price razors to say they did. Most of us are smart enough to spend that money on important stuff...

Your money...I veddy much agree you can spend it as you wish. Just don't try to preach to the choir that that razor is any better then others.

mayer57619, stuartganis and brit like this.
  13. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Your the Fuzzmeisters HERO for this thread!

mayer57619 and brit like this.
  14. rawfox1

It isn't fair to say people by these razors because they say they do. You cannot make this statement and speak for everybody. And also tell people that they could spend their money in a better way. What's important to one person or what one person enjoys is totally different possibly to another person.

15. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

I covered people spending their money in the bottom of my post. You enjoy spending your hard earned cash on a blade holder have at it.

mayer57619 likes this.