September 2018 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by NCoxSTL, Sep 1, 2018.

?

Single Edge Plans?

1. Gems baby! 1912, 1914, Lather Catcher

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  2. Some more Gems baby! OCMM, Clog Pruf, you know.....the Micromatics.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  3. Schick Injectors baby! Click 'em and stick 'em to your face for that close shave.

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Shavettes baby! Because I'm a boss like that!

6 vote(s)
    16.2%
  5. Dark Side baby! Straights. The original single edge.

9 vote(s)
    24.3%
  6. Gonna eat cookies until my ears bleed. Mmmmmm.....cookies.

13 vote(s)
    35.1%
  7. Nope. Not playing with the SE's. I'm cool enough I'll stick with DE!

8 vote(s)
    21.6%
  8. Buzz off Mr. Poll Man. I don't have time for your foolishness.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

That sounds good, John. So I'm the official 30 DC scale enabler, now. :D

I also purchased this food scale, and this little guy keeps me honest: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004164SRA/?tag=thshde-20

2. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Charlie- first of all, thank you for the kind words, and if you would like to try the E3 for awhile, just let me know.
    Secondly, I am thrilled to hear about your weight loss. 25 lbs is significant! I know you’ll make your target weight, but more importantly, I know that your diet and lifestyle changes will benefit you greatly. Fantastic stuff, my friend.

3. jtspartan

Kudos, Randy! 18 lbs is awesome. I know you’ll be where you want to be soon. Great job, my friend.

4. jtspartan

Stirling Spice! Great minds today, Jim. @Linuxguile and I both think the Spice combined with the P&G version creates a very nice, well-rounded Old Spice classic scent.
    Great pic again, Clint. I know I’ve said it before, but the marquetry on that table top is stunning as well.
    Super pic and write up as usual, Joseph. Interesting to see what spices make up an ‘Acadian’ scent- French Canadian maritimers expulsed by the British...I wonder if there is more of a Louisiana vibe going on there.
    Sharp Dressed Man! Love that GIT scent, but the SDM irritated me the few times I used it a year ago. Who cares, you’ve inspired me to break it out for tomorrow morning, Perry!
    Great job, James! I anticipate you will have many, many shaves that replicate that from now on.

5. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Thank you. I like the smell a lot. I struggle with describing scents. I guess this is what you would get if you dipped a warm chocolate chip cookie in a pint of Guinness Stout.

6. wristwatchb

Jason, thank you for the kind words and encouragement. Thanks also for the loan offer on the E3. I may take you up on it at some point!

Linuxguile, clint64, RyX and 4 others like this.
  7. mrchick

You are inspiring me Charlie. I got back on the eating healthy wagon a couple of weeks ago, due to your posts, and am down about nine pounds. We have the same goal to get under 200. I also hope to improve my blood pressure. Thanks for your posts. Have fun!

8. wristwatchb

Thank you and congrats, Brian! I'm so happy to hear of your progress! Great job, and keep us posted!

Linuxguile, clint64, NCoxSTL and 5 others like this.
  9. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

SEptember is a Stirling month!

September 23
    Razor - Type E Schick Injector
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Stirling Iced Coffee
    Brush - Stirling Two Banded Synthetic
    Finish - Alum

Two days growth tonight and I have the right instrument at hand. Many razors would handle this with ease, but the Schick E seems especially suited for it. I wanted a slick and great smelling soap so it was the Iced Coffee from Stirling. This is such a magnificent soap both in terms of performance and scent. Even the look is rather unique. You'd almost swear it was a cream filled donut.

Cream filled coffee.jpg

Hard to find any fault with this soap at all. I lathered it with the Stirling synthetic brush and got an outstanding lather. The Schick had no trouble at all taking care of the extra day's growth. Smooth as silk and after three passes the baby is asleep and snoring. Can't beat it!

One more week in Stirling SEptember and it will be time for the OC's to come play in OCtober. The last several months of the year are favorites for me. SE, OC, a nice Rule in November and finally Decadence! We're on a roll! Have a great Monday!

September 23 2018.jpg

brit, Primotenore, mrchick and 10 others like this.
  10. mrchick

Thank you! We should start a support thread since there are a few of us.

BaylorGator, Linuxguile, RyX and 6 others like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

I keep bouncing right under 200 then back right over. We're talking 199.2 to 201.8. Getting any lower has proven difficult. Not sure why. Considering I started at 220 I've done ok, but I'd really like to drop another 15-20. If you figure it out let me know!

mrchick, Linuxguile, RyX and 6 others like this.
  12. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Great job with the Mongoose and even better with the weight and exercise! This is my 10th anniversary of my major brush with death. Well, since August 28th. It runs through October 6, which is when I was finally released from the hospital that year. I still had three more months of recovery ahead of me plus another 6 or so of dealing with drains and all that good stuff. The past 10 years have been a bonus for me. I shouldn't have survived but was just too stubborn to do anything but fight. Health really is everything. Well, that and a good supply of Russian Steel. ;)

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Send it my way. I could use the mental boost.

BaylorGator, Linuxguile, RyX and 6 others like this.
  14. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Good luck with the Mongoose focus... I will follow your adventures with interest!

Incredible results with your weight loss! I'm glad that you are really seeing and feeling the benefits! If you are interested in a good form of exercise to help shed further pounds (without insane amounts of effort), might I suggest cycling? It is not weight-bearing so you do not have to worry about degradation of joints such as knees or hips due to repeated impact forces. Anyhow, best wishes going forward!

Brilliant job! Noticing the difference is when it all starts to become worthwhile!

It will be doing more than you realise! Beer is my nemesis and I lost on average 3lbs per week when I stopped drinking for 30 days... Says something about those added sugar/junk calories eh?!

15. wristwatchb

Thank you, James! You are encouraging me to get back on my bike. I have a nice road bike and an exercise bike, so I have no excuses. That is great advice! Thanks. :)

16. wristwatchb

Thank you, Neal. Happy Anniversary, my friend, and congratulations on your continued journey toward a healthier lifestyle. You were the first person around these parts that encouraged me by talking about your recent weight loss (great job!) and everything you had been through. Health, Russian steel, and 30 DC cookies rank high on my list too. About those cookies...I've been getting two deliveries a week. Any chance I'm getting @BaylorGator's cookies? No worries...I think he's on some kind of crazy diet :)

17. wristwatchb

That's a great idea, Brian! I'll give it some thought and kick one off in the next few days.

18. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

It must smell delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

There is a floating thread in The Good Life section called "What's your workout today?". But I would suggest one linked to the 30DC specifically. Maybe "The 30DC Health Club" or "30DC Weight loss support group". And pinned somewhere, possibly even here in The Shave School.

20. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jason. I think we picked that table up at a garage sale.

jtspartan, Linuxguile, jluc and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.