Sterling Cool

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Douglas Carey, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Someone ask me when Sterling Cool stopped being produced.
    Sterling Soap Co. stopped making Cool in 2015. It just stopped selling according to Rob at Sterling.
    Something similar to Cool is Eucalyptus Mint.

2. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

Any of there glacier line is COOL feeling to me.

Yehuda D and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. JCull

JCull New Member

I own glacial Wintergreen and someone gave me a chunk of cryogen a week ago. I tried it for the first time tonight and imo the Wintergreen is way colder almost unbearable. The cryogen wasn’t that bad to me. Doesn’t seem like your looking for recommendations but I thought I’d let ya know lol

4. brit

brit in a box

love their lemon chill..

5. rbilly

rbilly Well-Known Member

I tried that one, it reminded me of proraso green, way more potent, cleaner. I had a small piece someone gave me, could not remember the name. Scents go in and out of favor, plus so many people have so many different soaps to go through its hard to keep up demand on any one scent. Once a certain scent is out there long enough i assume demand slows to a trickle.

Douglas Carey and Yehuda D like this.
  6. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I love all their Glacials. The only one I haven’t tried is Lemony Orange.

Douglas Carey likes this.
  7. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I remember going through a puck of Stirling Cool a few years ago. I believe it was made using his older formula.

I really enjoyed the shaves I got with it, after I figured out how to lather it up properly. The scent reminded me of candy cane and I used it year round until gone.

I was surprised when I saw it no longer for sale on his site. It appealed to me more than some of his other scent profiles.

Would like to find that scent in another soap. Or wish Rod would make it again in a limited release.

Douglas Carey likes this.