SOS: OCtober 2018

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Jayaruh, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Pinaud DEADMAN? Gonna have to look at this one.

clint64, 120inna55 and Douglas Carey like this.
  2. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks. It irritates me that the gif won't load.

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  3. Paul Turner

Is the Bay Rum&Leather clove-less, too?(Their other ones were described as such).

Boru62 and clint64 like this.
  4. 120inna55

It was never sold. He'd have been sued. He made very few. The actual number is a mystery, but less than 5. He gave one to Bruce Campbell at a convention. It's just Club Guy with activated charcoal.

5. 120inna55

6. Paul Turner

Interesting....I've been reading a lot about charcoal lately, that is, as added to grooming products. Dove 4 Men Shampoo has it, and I might try that out in place of the caffeine I've been buying. As a shave soap or aftershave, as they say, more research is needed, but it does peak my interest.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    SHAVEWIZARD420 and clint64 like this.
  7. Paul Turner

Who would have sued him, American International (the company that is the current "registered trademark" of Pinaud Clubman)?

SHAVEWIZARD420, 120inna55 and clint64 like this.
  8. Paul Turner

Less than 5? 1, maybe?

SHAVEWIZARD420, 120inna55 and clint64 like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

hello fello shavers, saturday morning shave..
    new sc gold tech handle, nacet, jr 282 with 2 band badger..
    proraso red preshave,lpl oud santal, thayers, armani oud edp
    fabulous 2 pass combo shave,dfs,no drama..
    have a great day, gary 20181013_155423.jpg

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Today's shave was with an English Razor. I had a buttery smooth 2 pass shave, that left me BBS. Zero issues. Just a fantastic razor.

Razor- "Witness", by Taylor. Extra Hollow Ground. Sheffield England.
    Brush- Wilkinson Sword Boar.
    Soap- Arko/Sandalwood Scented
    Aftershave- Vintage Avon Spicy. Triple Crown Decanter.

PA130606.JPG

11. Nicked

Nicked Well-Known Member

Jackpot!
    Hybrid Above The Tie SE2 on Stork SS Consul / Kai Captain Titan ProTouch MG / H.L. Thater Wild Olive 2018 SE / WCS Oriental Shaving Cream
    Pictured in front of new custom Koch Dopp, Thanks to Jason K. for making this for me and a matching holster!
    As far as the shave goes, this blade worked amazingly well with the SE2 plate, even ATG!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  12. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

The Pride and Joy of the kennel (for now). 1921 "Sears" set...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. 120inna55

Umm, no. Whomever is responsible for the Evil Dead franchise.

Long story, but after he gave one to Bruce Campbell, I nagged him for one (I'm a huge Evil Dead fan). He relented and said there was only one other. Then I saw a pic of a third one. He claims he lost track. It's not that I care if I have unobtanium, or 1 or 2 or even 1 of 5,000. But I think what was happening is that he kept being asked by various people and he relented a few times. As far as I know, mine is the only splash he made. I would love to see him release this, but he'd get a C&D at the very least. He's leaned his lesson from the Barber Soul incident. As it is, he gave me permission to post SOTD pics, I just won't tag "Evil Dead" and the like so as to keep the attention constrained to the wet shaving community. Again, he already makes this scent. It's Club Guy. All he did was include some activated charcoal for the "ash" element. and made a label that's likely a copyright infringement.

14. Tim Spencer

Tim Spencer Well-Known Member

Yeah. There is a somewhat similar thing with my Old Spice Shave Brush and Metal stand. The brush handle I was told absolutely cannot be made again and I 'think' I know who made it, but was told that the handle was turned imprinted by 'unknown'. Very likely due to potential copyright infringement. So, I have the only brush handle of its kind for my Shulton Tribute shaving kit. It was my design to have the star on the top of the brush to be similar to the star on top of the gray Shulton aftershave bottles from the bygone era and the milk bottle color of the aftershave bottle on the brush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, besides the brush and metal stand, the cologne spray came from a virtually unobtainable batch of left over 'testers' from the 1980's provided by Shulton to stores to put on their fragrance counters for public sample testing. It's their "Long Lasting Cologne". I have 6 of these bottles. I will likely never see a sale like that again by a private party. So, it's also practically unobtainium. The cologne is so strong that I only needs 1 spray or maybe 2 if I want half a room to smell it. Strong stuff. I feel so incredibly lucky to have been able to have the help of a few artisans and additionally having lightning strike with finding those extremely rare retailer-only tester spray cologne bottles. I treasure that shave set. All vintage Shulton products with enough stored backups to last over a decade at least even if I used it regularly every week.

I think your Evil Dead tribute set is pretty special. I wish I had it. However it got into your hands it was meant to be.

15. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks Doug.

16. Tim Spencer

Beautiful antique razor! Amazing condition. and with original packaging it's a treasure.

TestDepth, Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  17. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Thank you my friend! I'm very pleased to have it in my collection!

18. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Oh no!
    After a hot shower and a warm wash, I used my Frank Shaving silvertip to lather up some Fine Lavender por homme. Next, I started my shave ritual using my Rockwell 6s and a twice used Astra sp blade. As I was midway through my second pass, I engaged my wife in conversation as she passed. I lost concentration as I was rounding the chin. I knew what I did, but did it anyway. I nicked my chin but good. Mostly small nicks stop pretty quick. But this one started over my chin, down my neck, and started past my necklace. Towel time, for sure. I started washing it with cold water. I reached for the tp to get some pressure on it. I looked down to see the blood mixed with water had left a nice mess in the sink, and I had dripped a few drops on the vanity. My shave towel looks like I went ten rounds and lost. I'm writing this with a nice mini Japanese flag imprinted on my chin. I guess I'm relating this story as an expression of humility. As experienced as I think I am, I'm sorta embarrassingly reminded we are using sharp implements. I'll probably have a ugly little mark to show my indiscretion. Sorta stupid, like grampa with a hickie. I'm not hatin' on grampas, but I think I'll close the door and concentrate in the future.
    I finished with a spritz of lavender Florida Water.
    With one and a half passes, my belief is, y'all probably did better.

19. Tim Spencer

SUNDAY MORNING'S SHAVE

[​IMG]

Bath Soap - Early American Old Spice Bubble Bath and matching Bar Soap circa 1930's
    [​IMG]
    Razor - Gillette Superspeed (circa 1947-1952) (Re-plated in Nickel Finish by Razor Emporium)
    Blade - [​IMG] *Fresh Blade
    Shave Brush - Vigshaving Nylon Synthetic
    Shave Soap - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cold Spices
    Aftershave - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cold Spices
    Deodorant - Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cold Spices
    Fragrance - Vintage Shulton - Early American Old Spice circa 1930's

20. Tim Spencer

It happens to everyone man. I've nicked my Adam's Apple once and it wasn't easy to clot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.