Stone Cottage Creams - Hesperide

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by NYer, Aug 27, 2018.

1. NYer

NYer Member

I am a new user of Stone Cottage creams and received my first order (other than a few samples I purchased a while back) the other day and shaved a few times with Hesperide. Excellent cream, lathers easy, cushion and slickness are excellent, post shave face feel is probably the best I have had from a cream. Enjoyable scent. Definitely going to be part of my regular rotation.

Also bought Sandalwood and Vetiver & Vanilla creams, but have not tried then yet. If they are as good as Hesperide, I may have found my favorite cream. Better than comparatively prices products (TOBS, Proraso, Maca Root) and also better than more expensive creams to me.

Screwtape, SHAVEWIZARD420 and RyX like this.
  2. RyX

RyX DoH!

Glad you like that soap. I tried it, too. It's been a while back so I don't have a clear memory of any negative qualities of the lather. I passed my on to another shaver more for the scent. I found Hesperide to be somewhat out of the ordinary. Not a cologne type, nor floral, or citrus. I guess I'd classify it as Savory. Like the spice used for poultry - thyme. Is that your experience?

Screwtape likes this.
  3. NYer

NYer Member

I agree the scent is out of the ordinary. I am having a difficult time figuring out what it reminds me of. It is not a cologne, nor is it sweet nor floral, nor citrus. I guess it reminds me a bit of B&M Latha Oceana....so maybe nautical, if that is a scent?????

RyX likes this.
  4. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Reminds me a bit of Henri et Victoria La Poire Français, French Pear.

Cheers, Steve

RyX likes this.
  5. Gobucks

Gobucks Member

I love the price line of this I bought a tub 3oz for 5 bucks and only 3.25 shipping. I bought the leather and smoke and love it. I awhile back bought a sample (again excellent price point). There are so many choices so I love the low cost option. Nice to see positive comments about this company.

Paul Turner and RyX like this.