The Haul: October 2018

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Even after using some hair conditioner to soften it up a bit, today's first shave was pretty good.

2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Tomorrow's shave will feature my newly-arrived JR320 going for its first outing. The handle is mahogany, the knot is a 28mm SynBad from APShaveCo.

The razor is a Gillette NEW Long Comb that was fitted some time in the past with a handle from a Durham razor. I have had it for years in a box of "junk" razors but just dug the box out and cleaned the razors to see what I have... I tried the razor a couple days ago and it shaves great.

The soap and balm are made by our own @Pete123; good stuff - I bought the tub after trying a sample.

IMG_20181023_225453.jpg

It's going to be a great shave. BTW, this also represents the first time I have taken a photo with my new Amazon Fire 8 tablet and then tried to post it -- it worked perfectly!

3. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

It seems like I'm always showing brushes. Maybe someday I'll get a new razor, but not today. This one is like a Christmas present. RSCN2270[1].JPG DSCN2267[1].JPG

AGHisBBS, Timwcic, TestDepth and 12 others like this.
  4. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

Beautiful brush, Patrick!

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

Puma and jimjo1031 like this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I track my shaves - yeah I know.... Anyways, I've used the Cube for 130 shaves and I probably have a quarter left! I really like it. I have been tempted by the glow, because, well I am a sucker for anything that glows. Honestly though, I like the added Menthol and the glow cube does not offer the chill option. If you really like preshave products though, I can say the black version is insanely slick. I assume the glow would be as well since the Banana cube is very slick as well. I bought the Banana to go with the soap as a set and I really like the PAA banana scent. Good luck and enjoy.
    Steve

6. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Last night I was pretty bummed out and tired as I got in from the airport just before midnight after having a 2 hour delay. What did I find waiting for me?
    A quicker arrival than expected from my friend @Screwtape. A Bostonian that I purchased, as well as some generous additions. The Bostonian was quite tarnished:
    7828D280-F828-4219-A01D-B7AC040D3A13.jpeg

I took some time tonight and cleaned it up. I’ll deal with the blade bank and case another time.
    There is a little plating loss on the head, but overall what a stunner:
    92E2EB35-0E2F-425E-BF28-74218AB2359A.jpeg
    I’ve been thinking about a New Improved for a bit, and am super excited to try this tomorrow!

AGHisBBS, Timwcic, TestDepth and 13 others like this.
  7. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Nice, my favorite open comb.

jtspartan likes this.
  8. brit

brit in a box

thank you jason @jtspartan..lovely z-3 ss and the lounge soap.. sotd to follow after OC focus is over... 20181024_222216.jpg

AGHisBBS, Timwcic, TestDepth and 10 others like this.
  9. Jorvaljr

Jorvaljr Operation Daytona 8000

Careful with that lounge soap... it’s a nostril burner.. lol I found the scent to be strong and intense.

brit and Screwtape like this.
  10. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Wow! What did you use to polish that razor, Jason? It looks amazing now!

jtspartan, RyX and Linuxguile like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

i dont have a new improved but i will go again with my new deluxe .. nice razor set..

Linuxguile likes this.
  12. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

It is beautiful, Jason! Congrats!

jtspartan likes this.
  13. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Silvo.
    Thanks again, John!

Enrico, dmshaver and Linuxguile like this.
  14. Puma

Puma Well-Known Member

:thanks:

Linuxguile likes this.
  15. nikonNUT

nikonNUT Well-Known Member

Almost feels like winning the lottery! Scored a Brad Sears Ebonite (natchgras) brush with a 28mm 2-band select fan. I already love it!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AGHisBBS, Timwcic, brit and 11 others like this.
  16. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

Got these in the mail the other day and forgot to post. Had a chance to shave with the Black Oud Rose and Jack Pumpkin Head. Both are top notch and this BRO is one of the finest rose scents i have come across, right up there with Ellegant Rose.
    20181023_164430.jpg

AGHisBBS, Timwcic, brit and 10 others like this.
  17. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

Pulled the trigger on this unique sharpening stone, thinking it was probably a Belgian Coticule. Not big, but I really thought the holder looked cool.
    665CFC63-8560-4585-8FA7-5671F90E25A6.jpeg
    Turned out to be a nice 3”x2” natural combo, which is quarried where the yellow Coticule and the Belgian Blue Whetstone (BBW) are naturally bonded together. Traditionally the BBW is glued to the Coticule for strength, and nowadays you can also find Portuguese slate used as an alternative.
    D9932C3B-3783-44C9-AA82-29715564DC3E.jpeg
    Nice surprise when I find these natural ones.
    Tom

18. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Well-Known Member

Mail call:- Package arrived today from Italy, 465 blades of Vintage Gillette Super Stainless [​IMG].... Now I've got 1525 Gillette Super Stainless in my den [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ron R, AGHisBBS, Timwcic and 12 others like this.
  19. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Gorgeous brush @nikonNUT !

@SHAVEWIZARD420, glad to hear such a good report on CBL, I've got the Club CBL on order.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I just got this Old Spice mug, an experienced brush, and a Valet VC1 razor.
    IMG_8920.JPG

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.