Zi Peppino Burns My Face

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by Ska SF, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Ska SF

Ska SF Member

Well, irritates it enough that I don't like to use it. Here's the real problem- I love the fragrance! This scent reminds me of my Grandfather Gionanni. I want to use Zi Peppino soap all the time but can't. I'm looking for a similar/comparable scent in a higher quality soap.

Green tobacco, tobacco flower, tobacco florale...

Any ideas? I need the good stuff!

2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Stirling released a limited edition soap called The Lounge that is almost exactly the same scent as Zi'Peppino. In fact, I bought a bottle of Zi'Peppino splash to complement The Lounge. That soap is not offered now as it was a limited edition, but you might find one on BST. @jtspartan had a tub of The Lounge but not sure if he PIFed it or sold it.

I am not sure of others but I'm sure there are some equivalent scents given the popularity of tobacco scents.

RyX, Yehuda D, jtspartan and 2 others like this.
  3. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The green tobacco in The Lounge irritated my face and I ended up PIFing my tub as well. Too bad because I liked the scent a lot!

jtspartan and PLAla like this.
  4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

I got a tingle from it as well. I pif’d it last week. A nice green tobacco scent though.

RyX and PLAla like this.
  5. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

There's a good chance that it's the tobacco fragrance oil or essential oil in the soap that is bothering you. In which case any similar smelling tobacco scented soap will cause similar problems. You may have to settle for keeping that tub to sniff for the memories it triggers - while shaving with something else.

jtspartan, RyX and PLAla like this.
  6. Ska SF

Ska SF Member

That would suck. I would like to try a few similar soaps if I can find some that are still in production.

Linuxguile likes this.
  7. Linuxguile

Check out trythatsoap.com , look up the scent you are looking for and it will tell you similar scents:
    https://trythatsoap.com/collection/523/?product_type=soap

RyX likes this.
  8. PLAla

9. Ska SF

Ska SF Member

Thanks! Unfortunately, the recommendations don't seem to be anywhere close to what I'm looking for.

Keep the suggestions coming.

10. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I had a couple of soaps that would burn my face, gave them to my son who can handle anything.

Linuxguile and PLAla like this.
  11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    I have a few soaps that tingle...if that tingle turns into irritation, buh-bye.

12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, that's part of my experimentation.....if I can have a more relaxing shave with the Local Gent Tobacco Lounge, I'll be OK. Naturally, I won't pair it with Maggard's Tobacco&Leather again. But if it stings me even in concert with a somewhat cooler A.S.............see ye.

13. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Allergic to tobacco flower shave soaps here as well. Turned my face beet red for a few hours. I ended up giving them to my cousin years ago.

Edit: isn't tabac supposed to be a floral tobacco?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  14. Ska SF

Ska SF Member

Haven't tried Tabac yet. That's on my list of classics to purchase.

15. DanielB

DanielB Member

I don't know what green tobacco/Zi Peppino smells like but Ska SF, PM me your name & address and I can send you a sample of both Tabac and Henri et Victoria's Cognac & Cuban Cigars soap.

In this YouTube video, the guy, "MrChowhau" says Stirling's "The Lounge" smells exactly like "(original) Irish Spring". For a discussion on Irish Spring scent, see: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/261011-Irish-Spring-scent --- no sign of tobacco there or elsewhere that I can find, though vetiver and Truefitt & Hill's Grafton are mentioned.

PLANofMAN and PLAla like this.
  16. PLAla

Well, I would disagree with that gentleman as The Lounge is nothing like Irish Spring! Lounge is a verdant, bright, in your face green tobacco scent. Very close to Zi'Peppino but stronger.

Linuxguile likes this.
  17. Linuxguile

I would agree that The Lounge is nothing like Irish Spring. I haven't smelled Zi'Peppino so I can't comment there.

PLAla likes this.
  18. PLAla

If someone is interested in Zi'Peppino let me know. I have the soap and splash and have wanted to part with it for a while. Click HERE for a link to some things I have available.