Rockwell Owners Adjustable Razors Club (ROARC)

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by tuxxdk, Jun 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marc Bagwell

Marc Bagwell Well-Known Member

And let's face it, if you do drop it, just contact Rockwell and put that warranty to work

PatrickA51 and RandySP like this.
  2. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

20181129_193406.jpg Could I please join the Rockwell Club? Newbie here. I have had the 6c for about a month and loved it so much I just picked up a 6s. I had to add a little color to the 6s.

gcconspiracy, Tdmsu, Str8on2 and 5 others like this.
  3. flash75

flash75 Member

Hey folks,
    Wanna put New life in this thread.
    I'm a Rockwell 6s User for 13 months and still like it.
    At the Moment I rotate with a Rex Ambassador.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Tdmsu, Hembree and brit like this.
  4. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

20190616_213256.jpg

New Rockwell 6C owner here. It was a nice little anniversary present from my wife. I've been rotating between this and a Schick I2 for the last few months. I love how smooth this razor is. The 6C is a great value!

BigD, Tdmsu, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  5. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

All Model T for me. The 6S & 6C (which I both own) are very good shavers but, the Model T gives me that extra in efficiency and feel. Smooth operator.....

B5BDCB4D-EFFA-4A46-B64F-B0512B6D023E.jpeg

BigD, Tdmsu, Hembree and 3 others like this.
  6. elbee

elbee New Member

Between the two, which gives you the better shave, and which is the more fun to use?

Hembree and brit like this.
  7. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I agree with the above statement I own 2 of each Rockwell Razors. If and when I ever decide to use any of them I will definitely use the Rockwell Model t razor.

Tdmsu, Str8on2, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  8. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Well my 6 threads are stripped. And i contacted CS and got a nice reply that they would be in touch within 48 hours BUT that was over 2 weeks ago!!!!!! Still havent heard back from them !!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    Hembree and brit like this.
  9. Hembree

Love my 6s as well. Great razors!

Tdmsu and brit like this.
  10. Hembree

Very nice picture and you are right it is a great value.

Moose and brit like this.
  11. Hembree

:( I hope they respond and quick.

jaro and brit like this.
  12. flash75

flash75 Member

Very difficult to answer. After getting the Rex I used it almost exclusively, then the Rockwell got more attention again in the last weeks.
    The rockwell is smoother, less blade feel.
    They are totally different and I really can't decide.
    The Rockwell is kinda Auto Pilot shaver, the Rex needs more attention and learning curve.
    So all in all I have to refuse an answer to your question.

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 4 mit Tapatalk

Edit.
    Both give me BBS, but the Rex archieves it a little bit easier though it's a bit more direct.

brit, Tdmsu and Hembree like this.
  13. Hembree

20190827_190718.jpg
    Finally had time to finish polishing one of my 6S sets. I had been wanting to do this for a while. I'll give it a test run with plate 6 in the morning.

Tdmsu, Linuxguile, BigD and 2 others like this.
  14. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

What was the process you used to polish them? I have a couple of machine finished razors if like to polish

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

brit and Hembree like this.
  15. Hembree

Andrew, I basically wet sanded with 1200 grit sand paper and then followed up with some white polish compound from Harbor Freight. I applied the white compound to a cotton wheel on a small bench grinder. Depending on the razor you may want to start out with a courser grit sandpaper and work up to the 1200 grit. Hope this helps and sorry for the delayed response.......I spend way too much time on the 30DC thread.:)

https://www.harborfreight.com/1-4-quarter-lb-white-polish-compound-96780.html

brit likes this.
  16. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

B1140218-64F8-4571-9B17-165A0BF32401.jpeg
    I realize I’m a little late to the party, but I’ve been a Rockwell 6s user almost exclusively (except for travel) since last Christmas! This razor gives me the best shaves I’ve ever had, and combined with Tabac it is my go-to shave. I usually shave with the R4 plate and a Gillette Nacet blade, but sometimes I will venture down to the R3 plate if I need a gentler shave (I shave daily, so R3 is great for recovery from irritation etc.). Anyhow, I just finished reading this entire thread, and figured I should introduce myself!

Hembree, BigD, Tdmsu and 2 others like this.
  17. brit

brit in a box

cool pic sir..

Hembree, Tdmsu and gcconspiracy like this.
  18. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Tdmsu and brit like this.
  19. dmshaver

dmshaver Well-Known Member

Never too late @gcconspiracy to tell us about your great shaves. Glad to have you aboard!!!!

Hembree, Tdmsu and gcconspiracy like this.
  20. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

Welcome!
    I keep going back to my Rockwell after short runs with other razors. It's the best combination of smooth and efficient I've found.

Hembree, BigD, brit and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.