First Impressions: Mikes Hungarian Lavender

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by oldcars, Nov 1, 2018.

1. oldcars

oldcars Member

I own more Mikes soaps (6) than any other so I'm pretty familiar with its performance. It's not the slickest but it lathers very easily and gives me a good post shave. Hungarian Lavender was sold out every time I made an order with Mikes but I managed to get one with my latest order.

The scent of Hungarian Lavender is great if you love lavender like I do. Mikes version is of the sharp, acrid variety. The sharpness does tone down a bit during the shave and mellows to a floral lavender. Not an "old lady" type but more herbal. I really like this scent a lot

Hodge, SHAVEWIZARD420, brit and 8 others like this.
  2. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    One of Mike's best and one of my favorite lavender soaps. Enjoy.

3. Ksblazer

Ksblazer Well-Known Member

I keep reading how much people enjoy the scent of Mikes Hungarian lavender. The description seems to be what I'm looking for in a lavender scent, since it's herbaceous and not a sweet lavender like English or French style lavender.

I currently have 2 lavender scented shave soaps in my rotation as it's one of my favorite scents. When I lather them up the lavender scent seems to put me a a calm therapeutic positive mood for starting out my mornings.

4. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Also great lavender soaps:
    Mystic Water Jeff' Lavender
    Fine Lavender Pour Homme
    MdC Original
    Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge
    and of course, Vintage AoS Tallow Lavender.

Hodge likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i like mikes soap ,i have the orange, black pepper and cedar scent. my only lavender soap i have is castle forbes lavender. quite strong but nice..

Hodge likes this.
  6. Macktheknife

Macktheknife Active Member

Tried LA shave soap in a woody lavender; it was too earthy for me.

7. discerningbev

discerningbev Member

Mikes is one of my all time favorites. A classic that never disappoints. Love it! Still in my Top 3 even after all new artisans coming out!

Primotenore likes this.
  8. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me a comparison between Mike's Lavender and Truefitt & Hill's Lavender?

I am very disappointed in Truefitt & Hill because the scent is very light. It's as if there is barely any lavender scent.