How's Your Day? Nov. 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Nov 1, 2018.

1. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The weather was delightful. After a brief doctor’s app’t, I had a lovely lunch with my Mom. And the traffic on the way home was negligible. Couldn’t ask for more.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I went to the bi-monthly Mindfulness Meditation session at the Senior Center. I really enjoy these.

mrchick and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

Got my instructions in the mail for next weeks colonoscopy, I’ll pick up the draino drink from the pharmacy in the next couple of days. I just had one last year, but a few polyps and a family history of colon cancer makes for a quick follow up. A clean result this time will give me a few years reprieve.

5. Paul Turner

That's been my issue-family history, and one pre-cancerous polyp was removed.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  6. cmorris357

It’s an unpleasant and inconvenient thing to deal with, but it beats the alternative.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. Paul Turner

It does, but if they can't perform the colonoscopy, due to poor prep, you're back to square 1.

8. cmorris357

My doctor allows me to mix flavored drink powder into the prep, so long as it’s not red or orange colored. I use a lemonade mix. Makes it a little easier to go down. That and keeping it ice cold.

Paul Turner likes this.
  9. Paul Turner

Oh, I had successful colonoscopies with that one(I presume you're talkinabout the biiiig jug that you drink the night before). Seems the "new wave" prep is this "Suprep" junk. I want back to the salty seaweed juice.

10. cmorris357

Yes, I’m talking about the gallon jug of go juice. I’ve never had the Suprep.

11. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Went for a beautiful day trip into the mountains with my wife. We had a wonderful day.

12. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Still in the cast boot, though my foot doesn’t hurt. (I know I need to let it rest & heal, but the lack of pain makes it ironically difficult). I made a batch of buttermilk biscuits this morning. I had a couple, along with an applewood-smoked bacon omelet for lunch. Yum.

brit, macaronus, Terry and 3 others like this.
  13. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

*nom nom*

14. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Well, yesterday was the 243 birthday of my beloved Corps, so I attended a birthday ball! I had not been to one in a few years as I always have to work.
    Today, is a lazy day around our place, sleeping in and drinking some good coffee.
    My bride and I will venture outside this evening to go on a date to get some food. Other than that, just relaxing.

I did however get in some drinking glasses that have the initial of my last name etched in them, so I will finish cleaning them and put them away for safe keeping. They belonged to my paternal great grandfather, so, needless to say quite the family heirloom.

brit, urrlord, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  15. Paul76

Paul76 Well-Known Member

Was having a busy Sunday afternoon of looking for a certain model of straight razor. I found it for a very appealing price too. Messaged the seller, and got a response very quickly, but that’s when it started looking too good to be true, he only wanted me to pay by wiring the payment, and we all know how that can turn out. He might have been one of the very few honest people to do business that way, but I’m not willing to take the chance on it.

urrlord and AGHisBBS like this.
  16. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Great day!
    Had the grandkids for most of it so busy, busy, busy.

Oh and that colonoscopy prep aint so bad. After you have a few of them (well a lot of them) you can do the prep at work, so long as you have a bathroom avalible. Just eat lite a day or two before the prep and it's smooth sailing. The gallon prep is a lot to go through sometimes, but eh.

tp

urrlord and Paul76 like this.
  17. ordinaryshaver

So, I'm assuming no chili or taco Bell then?

BamaT, urrlord, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Lol!
    Eat what you want because it'll all come out in the end. :(

;)
    tp

brit, BamaT, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  19. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Holy crap, I don't know how I'm gonna make it through this week!

I go for my post-op CT scan this Friday, from the sinus tumor surgery I had in April...to make sure there is no more tumor or bone disease present....and I am TERRIFIED!

As some of you know, after my brain surgery's one year (post-op) MRI, they found the sinus tumor! I went into that MRI feeling like a million bucks, and was given terrible news...I'm terrified this check-up will be the same.

It's gonna be a LONG week!

I'll probably feel a bit better after the scan, given I don't get a call within a week to come back...then I'll probably be fine until the day before my consult with my ENT surgeon about the scan.

brit and BamaT like this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

And here I was thinking that I can't find my wallet for 2 days is bad.
    Suddenly, it puts it into perspective.
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.