Auto strop handles

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Jedifelix17, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Jedifelix17

Jedifelix17 New Member

Im trying to list the different types of handle for autostrop razors by the Autostrop Safety razor company.
    Does anyone have one with a different handle to those I have illustrated, pictures still in draft stage.
    14525AB1-9AE6-4B95-AC87-EC193B87DF58.jpeg

jimjo1031, cliffb599 and TestDepth like this.
  2. Jedifelix17

Jedifelix17 New Member

Bother, already found one myself, back to drawing board

3. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

You already have more than I knew about, were they all the same length?

4. Jedifelix17

Jedifelix17 New Member

I don’t have them all myself but have drawn images from photos, No 6 and No 8 come in standard and short length. I have another similar to No 12 but with 2 shallower grooves which is also short. No 4 is unique to a A2 Sterling silver US made razor, I need a better picture.

5. Jedifelix17

Jedifelix17 New Member

This is the sterling handle No 4, I will correct picture.
    4C406AB3-3E4F-4504-B5DF-90DC96740256.jpeg
    This is the other one I have found

4B39C2A9-9B03-4271-BF84-3E85AC9BE46A.jpeg

And just found this little thing

74FA7417-6E43-4AA6-8BCE-7BCFD9AB3F79.jpeg
    I know nothing about this one.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
    Linuxguile likes this.
  6. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

7. Jedifelix17

Jedifelix17 New Member

8. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

A Lady Autostrop? ;)

9. TobyC

TobyC Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Wow!

Good luck with your search my friend.

10. ken brooks

ken brooks Member

Your handle info is great.
    I too have become interested in Auto Strops and am currently working on a spreadsheet to quickly identify them.

I Can’t figure out how to load the spreadsheet on this site. I could email it to you if you are interested. Any help in entering it would be appreciated.
    I’m missing models A1 and A2 in my collection. Know where I would find these?
    I look forward to sharing AUTO STROP info with you or anyone else that is interested.
    Thanks
    Brooksie

11. dangermouse

dangermouse Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I'm looking for some information, with regard to buying a Valet Autostrop razor. I'm trying to find out which, of the many I have seen, would have been used by troops in World War One. Does anyone know of a good resource/way to identify a razor of that era, please.

12. ken brooks

ken brooks Member

JRSHAVING.blogspot.com
    See AUTO STROP RAZORS IN THE RIGHT HAND COLUMN
    Check auto strop military sets on
    Ebay and Etsy
    Good luck
    Brooksie

13. dangermouse

Oh that is just superb. Thank you, Ken and thank you, @Jayaruh. I'm looking for an A2 or a B1. It was a good idea to check Autostrop military sets. The search is on my friends! :)

Jayaruh likes this.
  14. ken brooks

ken brooks Member

Good luck with the A2. I’m looking also for an A2 for JR. If I find a B1 I’ll let you know.
    I have several friends on the lookout for me.

dangermouse and Jayaruh like this.
  15. dangermouse

I'm quite surprised at how many people are selling Autostrops in really bad condition for a lot of money! I've seen two that looked like they were literally pulled out of a bonfire.

I've seen an A2, I'll try to find the link for you. I've seen a lot advertised as A1 that aren't and a lot with 'B' on the leaflet but a later razor. It's quite a minefield.
    I did find this razor with Valet written on the blade holder, in a single lined font. I didn't recognise it. Mind you, I've had a migraine for two days, so my apologies if it has an obvious date.
    image.jpeg

16. ken brooks

ken brooks Member

Oh for an A2 !!!!!!