Shave frequency.

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by ordinaryshaver, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I'm retired, so I shave every day. It gives me something pleasurable to look forward to.

oldjoe, markjnewcomb, brit and 5 others like this.
  2. johniem

johniem New Member

I shave every day. I can't stand the stubble. I'm retired, so most days I can take my time and enjoy the shave.

John

3. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

Thanks guys ! All great answers! I notice that when I do skip a day, my shave seems to be closer.
    It may be just an illusion, since it was longer than normal, but it sure feels like it is closer than when it is day to day.

Frijolero and AGHisBBS like this.
  4. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

For me, its every other day. Any more than that and I feel like Im not removing enough growth to make it worth the time.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  5. urrlord

urrlord Well-Known Member

just about every day.I look forward to it and the aftershave follow up.

AGHisBBS, Frijolero, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  6. ordinaryshaver

I do on occasion skip a saturday. The Mrs. seems to prefer it, and I certainly dont mind the extra opportunities to use the gear. I can do a 3 pass shave every day, and not get irritation from the shave.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  7. ordinaryshaver

Do you feel like you get a better shave when there is more growth to shave down? I find that when I have a couple day growth the shave is closer. I imagine it is possible that I just think I get a better shave.

brit and Frijolero like this.
  8. kfbrady

kfbrady Well-Known Member

Also retired, also shave every day right after my morning shower.

Occasionally I’ll do a touch up shave in the evening if we’re going out somewhere special.

AGHisBBS, brit and Frijolero like this.
  9. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Daily, only occasionally skipping a day

AGHisBBS, brit and Frijolero like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I used to make my Mom laugh by recreating a shaving ad I saw on TV many years ago, where the guy runs a credit card up and down his face-point being it's time for a serious shave. :).

RyX, AGHisBBS, brit and 2 others like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My beard doesn't really grow in that fast to necessitate daily. If I was still in construction, I would shave once or twice a week, but presently work as QC for a protein powder manufacturer so need to be fairly clean shaven. Normally I shave Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night for church.

RyX, AGHisBBS, brit and 1 other person like this.
  12. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

I don't notice much of a difference. I've heard some say they get a closer shave if they go 2 or 3 days though. I imagine it's because the hairs are long enough that they can't just lay over and get missed.

13. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Every day shaver here. Usually 2 passes. I do it for work and the fact that I can't stand the 2-day unshaven look that's popular now.

Herm

RyX, oldjoe, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  14. Zykris

Zykris Well-Known Member

Typically every other day for both face and head shave. Right now I shave every day but the platform is different: face one day, next day head. Every so often I go every three, depends on growth, or if I feel like going an extra time on the face every. But I generally can't go more than three days in a row before my skin tells me to knock it off.

Trigger, RyX, AGHisBBS and 1 other person like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

At the end of the second day mine barely shows up. :shaverI wished it grew a bit faster, but it is what it is. :)

RyX, AGHisBBS, Herm2502 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Everyday shaver here.

RyX, Paul Turner, oldjoe and 2 others like this.
  17. hush

hush Well-Known Member

Every day. Rarely miss one. Shave head two times a week.

AGHisBBS and Frijolero like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

it feels like i get a better shave if i shave every second day or so ,less missed spots per say.slower growth i guess and less irritation.. i used to shave once a week at best before my de adventure..

Keithmax, RyX, Enrico and 3 others like this.
  19. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

I shave virtually every day. But, the occasional day where I skip makes a huge difference for me. After skipping a day, it is way easier for me to shave and get great results. In fact, if I were planning to meet the president, I would skip shaving the day before. I don't have any real theories why I get a better shave after skipping a day, but I am thoroughly convinced that I do.

Keithmax, RyX, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  20. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I shave Mon. Wed. & Fri. for my cardiac therapy visits, mostly take off weekends unless something is going on. I also agree that my closest shave of the week is usually my first on Mon. after an off weekend.:happy088:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2018
    Keithmax, RyX, Enrico and 2 others like this.