Straight Razor Designs 50% off

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by TheFiveO, Nov 13, 2018.

1. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I saw there was an earlier post regarding SRD having 20% off. Well as of today, everything is 50% off! While I don't believe it has been officially announced, I have a suspicion they are going out of business.

The selection is pretty well picked over, but if you are a fan of the high end Penhaligan colognes and such, it's a great way to get them for cheap!

Happy shopping

2. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Still some nice brushes too.

3. Mr Two Bits

Mr Two Bits Well-Known Member

I was told by another member here that Lynn is retiring. I’m glad I got my Dovo from him when I did!! I doubt I’d ever have gotten a better deal on it. Now I wish I’d have gotten more stuff but congratulations to Lynn, I’m too new to the shaving community (as a DE/SR shaver, anyway) to have gotten to know him but his YouTube videos have been invaluable as a source of knowledge.

Frijolero and Keithmax like this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

You’re correct. Lynn is retiring and Don is closing up shop.

Frijolero likes this.
  5. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Sad news, but I picked up a couple of back up strops.

Frijolero and Spyder like this.
  6. TheFiveO

I bought a Bridle leather strop about 3 weeks ago when they were 40% off. This last go round at 50% off I got a Merkur 15c open comb, and then Lucky Tiger ASB, St James of London ASB gel and Clubman reserve AS . I hardly ever use a DE now (almost exclusively SR or injector) but at 15 bucks ,I couldn't pass up the opportunity. May end up on sale here or a newbie PIF

7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

So you’re the one :). I went for a three inche strop, but they’re gone.

Frijolero, TheFiveO and Keithmax like this.
  8. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Quit posting guys. You cost me $75 last night

9. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

What did you leave?

10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It wasn’t me, I went for the 2 inch strops.

11. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I should have grabbed a straight. By the time I figured out they were closing up shop; it was too late. Again, a day late and a dollar short;)

Frijolero likes this.
  12. TheFiveO

Yup, the straight razors went really quick. I think that by the time they went from 30% off to 40% off they were toast!

Keithmax, Frijolero and Spyder like this.
  13. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

TheFiveO, thanks for pointing that! That is a great deal for Penhaligon's products, and all the other stuff, too.

FYI - The sale is good until 11:59pm November 21.

Keithmax and Frijolero like this.
  14. Frijolero

There were a few left when the 40% started. I'm just working up to sticking a toe in that water, so I grabbed one. A pretty basic Dovo 6/8, honed and ready, for about $65. Hard to beat that.

I have of their house brand strops. I was hoping to pick up a replacement leather on the cheap, but those were gone. Would have been a nice alternative to a cheaper strop to learn on.

15. TheFiveO

If you decide SR's aren't for you, please let me know. I'd love another 6/8 size razor and would be happy to buy it

16. Frijolero

Well, I spoke too soon. They must have found a few of the 3" replacement leather that I wanted. And upped the discount to 60%. About $20 with shipping, because it was alI bought. So I now have my practice strop, and one less excuse to keep putting this off.

Keithmax likes this.